Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Iceland 2020: West Coast

Starting in Isafjordur (BIIS) we make our way down the west fjords with stops at Thingeyri (BITE), Bildudalur (BIBD) and Patreksfjordur (BIPA). We then have to make our way across the water to the Snæfellsnes peninsula, landing at Rif (BIRF).  Next is an excursion up the nearby Snæfellsjökull volcano, made famous by Jules Verne in his Journey to the Centre of the Earth where it is used as the entrance to the passage into the Earth.  Following this we go to Stykkisholmur (BIST) before continuing south to the capital Reykjavik (BIRK) where we land at the city centre airport.  We'll now go to the much larger international airport at Keflavik (BIKF).  Keflavik is well-known for very windy conditions due to its position sticking out into the North Atlantic on the end of the Reykjanes peninsula.  Leaving Keflavik we pass to the south of Reykjavik heading to Selfoss (BISF) before crossing to the Vestmannaeyjar (Westman Islands) (BIVM) where we finish.

Flightplans

Download your flight plans here in PLN and GFP formats.  The GFP plan contains a few user waypoints as the airports aren't in the GTN database. 

Aircraft

The plan is 274nm long so the aircraft choices are much the same as last week. Anything that can cruise above 150kts should be fine so there's plenty of choice.  Comanche, Bonanza, C421 (or just about any twin) are a few GA options that spring to mind, or you might think of a small airliner like the Twin Otter, Dove or Short 360. Air Iceland used to fly a DC-3 around here too.  As always, fly what you like.

Scenery

Same as last week. Orbx EU landclass recommended, and if you don't use it alongside the the full Orbx Vector + Pilot's FS Global mesh package I suggest checking the airports beforehand.  MK-Studios Keflavik also available but completely optional.

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday, 18th April, 2020, 1800 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks! 

• Upvote 2

Timings for today's flight

My suggestion is to set your simulator and weather date/time to 02 July 2019, 1400Z for the start of the flight.

Remind me.. do I need the Iceland demo installed as well?  Or just EU LC?

Bert

HI Bert,

Just EU LC; I recommend against having both EU LC and the Iceland demo installed.  I also run Vector and the Pilot's mesh for FTX and for Iceland I get good results from that combination.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

if wanted..

Of course they're bloody wanted!

God that thing Nick was flying. that's one ugly mofo! I'm glad I couldn't see it. :ohmy:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

thanks once again for a most enjoyable flight, thanks Nick for the flight plan.

Good to see " Dusty 1 " back on line.

regards.

14 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

God that thing Nick was flying. that's one ugly mofo! I'm glad I couldn't see it. :ohmy:

Are you calling my flying shed ugly?? 😛

Thanks for the photos Roman! 👍