Sign in to follow this  
Captain747

Just Wow!

8 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

In this context, board members referrers to individuals who have registered to become a member of this community; it was not meant to include those in a leadership capacity. Concerning the latter, i believe the team has been pleasantly neutral on the subject.  Moreover, I don't think it's necessary "to name names" as it could be seen as a form of chastizaiton, which was not my aim... 

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I can see how board members being members of a message board or forum could be confused with with board members on the board of directors, the latter being what I thought you were referring to.

I agree regarding names in this case as I thought you were saying Avsim BOD member  were giving those statements, which you clarified.

Regards

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 minute ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I can see how board members being members of a message board or forum could be confused with with board members on the board of directors, the latter being what I thought you were referring to.

I agree regarding names in this case as I thought you were saying Avsim BOD member  were giving those statements, which you clarified.

Regards

No worries!  As I stated, I think the board directors are actually been doing a GREAT job!  There seems to be a little more freedom to express opinions, which I appreciate.  I also realize there's fine line between expressing an opinion and blatantly attacking someone...it's a difficult job for sure.... 

Thanks for giving me a chance to explain myself.  

Matt King

11 hours ago, Casualcas said:

And when you are done taking me to school, look up figuratively 

*sigh*...  That has zero to do with it. Did you look it up, or are you just throwing out random words now? I think this has run it's course...

Edited by Mgard78

2 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

No worries!  As I stated, I think the board directors are actually been doing a GREAT job!  There seems to be a little more freedom to express opinions, which I appreciate.  I also realize there's fine line between expressing an opinion and blatantly attacking someone...it's a difficult job for sure.... 

Thanks for giving me a chance to explain myself.  

No problem and sorry for the confusion. Also, the Board of Directors here are different than the Moderators. The BOD are the few that meet behind the scenes to discuss certain aspects of the site while the Mods do the board moderation. Some of us are both on the BOD as well as moderators.

As far as the other is concerned, it can be a fine line between letting people express their opinions and going over the edge. We try to let the opinions flow, both the good and bad, and while we’re not perfect, we try to do the best we can before we have to step in and hide topics, messages or lock topics. 

I know some sim forums are VERY restrictive where topics are locked once an answer is given and no other replies are allowed. We want members to have some freedom to discuss, within the bounds of the Terms of Service, but don’t want things to get out of hand like a Reddit topic might. Sometimes we get it right and sometimes we get it wrong, but we do our best.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator