Sign in to follow this  
Captain747

Just Wow!

I am absolutely blown away by the new screenshots on the mfs2020 insider page!p6RTQsV.jpgThis only keeps reassuring that this will be the absolute game changer!...

One of my biggest concerns however is...the dreaded frame rates!...with this amount of insane detail a really expensive rig is going to be needed...oh my!

And if you observe closely in one of the screenshots at one of the airports in the top left corner you can see that one user was getting 23 fps...looks like he was using the old fraps...go figure.

Edited by Captain747
  • Like 1

Please don’t base your expectations on one screenshot with an FPS counter. We don’t know the resolution, system specs or graphics settings that were used. Thanks 🙏🏻

• Like 15

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Yup, if you pause the sim, the FPS counter goes up, similarly, if you run the sim at half speed, the FPS goes up, then if you double the speed in post on your NLE, you can make it look like the FPS is better than it actually would be under normal circumstances.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Because we all know, people will crank up all the sliders to take that pretty screenshot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain747 said:

One of my biggest concerns however is...the dreaded frame rates!...with this amount of insane detail a really expensive rig is going to be needed...oh my!

And if you observe closely in one of the screenshots at one of the airports in the top left corner you can see that one user was getting 23 fps...looks like he was using the old fraps...go figure.

To complement what @simtom alluded to and he should know a bit ‘cause hes in the alpha, listen to what Asobo head honcho says about framerate (at 2’50’’ mark).

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

And keep in mind that Asobo can use Directx 12 Ultimate on the engine, with optimizations for nvidia Turing (RTX) graphics cards, in addition to the new graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia to be launched, such as Mesh Shading, VRS, Ray Tracing and DLSS 2.0. They are a triple A studio.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/directx-12-ultimate/

As it is a game from Microsoft, I think they will implement the DX12 at some point.

49 minutes ago, leonbr said:

And keep in mind that Asobo can use Directx 12 Ultimate on the engine, with optimizations for nvidia Turing (RTX) graphics cards, in addition to the new graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia to be launched, such as Mesh Shading, VRS, Ray Tracing and DLSS 2.0. They are a triple A studio.

As it is a game from Microsoft, I think they will implement the DX12 at some point.

They've already stated they plan to. But apparently not a priority before the release (that's what I've got from all the updates and interviews).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leonbr said:

Like I said...an expensive rig will be needed

eSj9FSr.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain747 said:

Like I said...an expensive rig will be needed 

The alpha tester who made a video few days ago  said he had a framerate rate in the 40s over rural settings and in the 25s over very dense cities like NY with a 7640+1080ti combo, all sliders to the right. I see that another alpha tester who shall not be named 🤣  seems to also have a good experience with a 4970+1070 combo. That is before optimization.

Actually the choking point, if any, might be the internet connection rather than the hardware.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Which leaves people like me in a pickle. .. I won't spend $1000 on any computer component and no way would I fly it on an xbox cause a flying couch "breaks the immersion"

Edited by Casualcas

31 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Which leaves people like me in a pickle. .. I won't spend $1000 on any computer component and no way would I fly it on an xbox cause a flying couch "breaks the immersion"

Xbox users will have the posibility to install plugins, addons or specific hardware to increase the flying experience? I don't think so. I don't want to be locked by the platform.

The price for the Xbox will be cheaper than a PC upgrade? Maybe, depends on every own case. But for me, PC is the only way right now, despite the need to upgrade to get the best experience and not only FPS.

Not forgetting that it's still an Alpha release, of which there could be a few more, then it's got to go through Beta releases, before the actual release.

So, take it for granted that some optimisation still has to take place. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, zalox said:

Xbox users will have the posibility to install plugins, addons or specific hardware to increase the flying experience? I don't think so. I don't want to be locked by the platform.

The price for the Xbox will be cheaper than a PC upgrade? Maybe, depends on every own case. But for me, PC is the only way right now, despite the need to upgrade to get the best experience and not only FPS.

You can get HOTAS for X-Box.

https://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tflight-hotas-one

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain747 said:

Like I said...an expensive rig will be needed.

I don't think I'd be breaking an NDA by simply pointing out that my own rig is a real piece of junk compared to the hardware that most of you are using. I don't even remember what year it was when I purchased the system. And even back then, it was by no means top-of-the-line. All I can say is that I am extremely excited about the new sim. And all of you should be too. Don't be discouraged by people who, by their own admission, have no hands-on experience with the sim.

• Like 16

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.