Sign in to follow this  
Mroberts95

Majestic etc V5

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/735/majestic-software-lockheed-martins-prepard3d-v5/p1?new=1&fbclid=IwAR1HrJUkUce6krx3zL18muWOHaEhDiev1KN24QGjCpbk_MpShU-zF59JEoc

Looks like they posted saying they are waiting for the hotfix to drop before they release anything for V5.

Probably why PMDG etc is taking longer than expected and I doubt we see anything from FSLABS,PMDG, QW etc til after this hotfix is out unfortunately 

• Like 3

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

So in other words, nothing new in the P3D cycle...

Edited by Mgard78

1 minute ago, Mgard78 said:

So in other words, nothing new in the P3D cycle...

Nope haha. Just more bad news after bad news

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Well, pretty positive statement. They report it will work probably right now for several peoples...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

3 minutes ago, kama2004 said:

Well, pretty positive statement. They report it will work probably right now for several peoples...

That’s true. I skipped over that part lol. I’ve been so tired I got slow down 

Mark Roberts 

The Q400 is just about the only thing that *is* working flawlessly for me in v5...I get CTD with default aircraft, but the Q is rock solid.

HZv7zEg.jpg

gyPaaIl.jpg

ndsFvyk.jpg

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Looks great!

How did you get the Q400 into v5 and are you still running v4 on the same machine.

Thanks ... Richard

1 minute ago, rwalls said:

Looks great!

How did you get the Q400 into v5 and are you still running v4 on the same machine.

Thanks ... Richard

According to majestic you can just point the installer to your v5 folder instead of v4

• Like 1

Mark Roberts 

I am still running 4.5 for the Maddog and some others.

To move the Q into 5:

Copy the mjc8q400 folder from your v4 simobjects\airplanes folder to the same location in v5.

There are also a handful of effects in the \effects folder that you also need to move to get proper light functions. They all have the letters mjc84 in their names so they're easy to find.

Lastly I have a desktop shortcut to the control panel. You need to go into the Prepar3d v5\simobjects\airplanes\mjc8q400\cpan folder and make a new shortcut for mjc84cpan.exe, name the shortcut you created something new, like mjc84cpan v5 and move it to your desktop.

9 minutes ago, akabam said:

According to majestic you can just point the installer to your v5 folder instead of v4

Didn't try that, good to know!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Didn't try that, good to know!

No worries, just going based off what majestic said themselves

Mark Roberts 

Using the majestic and getting CTD. Probably because using addon airports. Sliders to the middle, not using hi-res textures. i7 8700k 1080ti. If anyone is successful flying it with add-on p3dv4 airports it would be good to know. Noticed the sound from inside the passenger cabin was broken too (short clipping loop)

Edited by daelight

Just now, daelight said:

Using the majestic and getting CTD. Probably because using addon airports. Sliders to the middle, not using hi-res textures. i7 8700k 1080ti. If anyone is successful flying it with add-on p3dv4 airports it would be good to know.

Works fine on my 30hz 2080ti 8700k at 5.3ghz HT Off. Vram hits around 6-7gb or so 

Mark Roberts 

2 minutes ago, daelight said:

Using the majestic and getting CTD. Probably because using addon airports. Sliders to the middle, not using hi-res textures. i7 8700k 1080ti. If anyone is successful flying it with add-on p3dv4 airports it would be good to know. Noticed the sound from inside the passenger cabin was broken too (short clipping loop)

What kind of CTD? Out of VRAM or other?

I have only installed scenery with v5 installers. I have ORBX Base, NA LC, NorCal, Socal and PNW installed. LVFR KMIA, LVFR KEYW, LVFR KSNA, Flightbeam KSFO and KPDX. ORBX KSAN, KPSP. Oh, and FB SEQM.

That's where I've flown it so far...