Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Frustrated :(

Guest falcon3

Hi all,I just got my copy of FSX Deluxe tonight. I really love all the new features that were added into this version, however like so many others I have serious frame rate issues. I don't mean to bash the product because there are so many wonderful new additions. I'm just hoping that I could get some guidance as to how to set my sliders for optimum performance. I tried all medium (does not look very good) and still the frames were low. What really made it fly was all on minimum. LOL the sim looks like garbage like that. I'm running on an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.2Ghz, 1GB ram, and 128mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card. Not the latest hardware I know, but FS2004 is an absolute dream on this machine. I'm just sad to see that FSX runs so deplorably in comparison. Any suggestions on maybe downloads or cfg file changes or slider settings that will give me an appealing visual experience and acceptable frame rates on this computer?Thanks.

Sorry to say, but I think you will want more of a video card, as much for performance as to see some of the beauty of this version. Another gig of system ram will help also. You will also find as you work with the sim a bit that not all sliders have equal impact on frames, some can be moved to the right with nearly no impact, so more effort will yeild a better appearance without necessarily a big frame hit. The great thing about this version is the lack of stutters. I find nearly none. That makes flying at 10fps much more satisfying than it has ever been. Sure I'd like 15 to 20 min, but the autogen does look nice. LOL...I'm still tweaking too!Bob

I realize you proably already know this, but your video card isn't really strong enough and most are saying that 2GB of RAM is needed. Yes, YMMV in these areas, but it seems to be the trend for the past several weeks.Have you implememnted all the tweaks already out there for autogen, cloud, and ground textures? Many are reporting significant improvement with them. Check out this post in the MS Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks forum: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1150&page=Also have you tried the FSX.cfg texture settings mods put out by ACES? Here's the link to Paul Lange's (PC-12) blog with the information: http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/archi...might-help.aspxHope this helps a little!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/540FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.9) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest falcon3

Thanks for the quick replies so far. I haven't checked those two links posted above but will try now. And I guess I can always upgrade the ram and video card for not too significant of a cost.Thanks again for the replies.

>Thanks for the quick replies so far. I haven't checked those>two links posted above but will try now. And I guess I can>always upgrade the ram and video card for not too significant>of a cost.>>Thanks again for the replies.I would do video card first. I recently upgraded to 512 meg video card, but left RAM at 1 gig and have seen huge improvement.Matt

Don't give up too quickly Falcon. My box began at arounf 12 - 17 fps at Seattle, and I was pretty disgusted, having spent $1700 (Cdn) on a pretty good upgrade. Over the last week I've read, fiddled and tweaked and now get a solid 30fps. It doesn't have the same "feel" as my heavily modified FS9, but I believe it's actually better: there is so much more detail available, and so I am now working on bringing in my old aircraft from FS9.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest falcon3

So far I've applied some of the tweaks and downloads suggested through the forums. I have gone from around 5-10 frames up to 16-20 now. Still working the sliders some. It's starting to look pretty good even on my system. One of the major issues still lingering is that the hard drive seems to keep running and loading scenery constantly therefore causing pauses in the game. Not sure if that is a ram or video memory issue, but I'll keep working at it. Again, thanks for all the replies so far. They have made a big impact.