Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Cannot Install 4.3c - ideas please

Hello all:

I downloaded 4.3c from SimMarket where I originally purchased the aircraft. I uninstalled the earlier version of the Lear, then proceeded to install 4.3c. I right clicked the installer and chose install as administrator after copying the key onto the clipboard. After hitting "Next" on the first dialogue another dialogue pops up telling me among other things to uninstall previous, which I did. I hit OK, then another box pops up with my key, I hit Next, and a small box pops up telling me "this may take a moment", I then hit OK and yet another box pops up and says "Could Not Open Request", so I hit OK again and the Serial Number box remains, grayed out, and everything seemingly goes dead. Could someone please explain what is happening?

I am running FSX Gold, Win7 64 Pro, and have successfully installed and flown a number of versions previously with no problems, but not in about 1 year.

Thanks

Rick

7 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Hello all:

I downloaded 4.3c from SimMarket where I originally purchased the aircraft. I uninstalled the earlier version of the Lear, then proceeded to install 4.3c. I right clicked the installer and chose install as administrator after copying the key onto the clipboard. After hitting "Next" on the first dialogue another dialogue pops up telling me among other things to uninstall previous, which I did. I hit OK, then another box pops up with my key, I hit Next, and a small box pops up telling me "this may take a moment", I then hit OK and yet another box pops up and says "Could Not Open Request", so I hit OK again and the Serial Number box remains, grayed out, and everything seemingly goes dead. Could someone please explain what is happening?

I am running FSX Gold, Win7 64 Pro, and have successfully installed and flown a number of versions previously with no problems, but not in about 1 year.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

Was just about to reply to your PM when I saw this. Mark has made some changes to the Lear coding that I think will 'lighten the load' a bit on your sim, at least I hope so. Mark also recently updated the installer and I'm just not knowledgeable enough about the changes to help directly, but will make sure Mark is aware of your post here.

Stay safe,

Al

26 minutes ago, ark said:

Hi Rick,

Was just about to reply to your PM when I saw this. Mark has made some changes to the Lear coding that I think will 'lighten the load' a bit on your sim, at least I hope so. Mark also recently updated the installer and I'm just not knowledgeable enough about the changes to help directly, but will make sure Mark is aware of your post here.

Stay safe,

Al

Thanks Al.

Update here:

I went to the Flysimware store and bought a fresh license and the install bombed with the same result as above. Arrrggghhh!! 🙂

Edited by Wink207

4 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Thanks Al. Update here:

I went to the Flysimware store and bought a fresh license and the install bombed with had the same result as above. Arrrggghhh!! 🙂

😞  Rick, I left a message for Mark.

Al

2 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Hello all:

I then hit OK and yet another box pops up and says "Could Not Open Request",

Rick

This is something most users do not see so always best to contact me directly using our email contact form.

The simple answer is there are only 4 customers who had this issue and we still to this day are not sure what causes it. I would like to know if you do solve it.

Here is what i think is the issue. Your computer or internet refuses to speak to our server. So the installer can't continue as it can't verify your reg key. So turn off any 3rd part security like firewalls programs. The windows firewall is fine and can stay.

If you can't solve it by turning off firewalls then simply turn off your internet and run the installer again and this will force the installer to allow you to use the OFFLINE mode. Follow the instructions it gives you. Done!

2 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Thanks Al.

Update here:

I went to the Flysimware store and bought a fresh license and the install bombed with the same result as above. Arrrggghhh!! 🙂

Never do that. Owning a second license would never fix installation issues. A reg key is just to verify you own the product. I suggest you give out your old key to a friend since its non refundable.

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

This is something most users do not see so always best to contact me directly using our email contact form.

The simple answer is there are only 4 customers who had this issue and we still to this day are not sure what causes it. I would like to know if you do solve it.

Here is what i think is the issue. Your computer or internet refuses to speak to our server. So the installer can't continue as it can't verify your reg key. So turn off any 3rd part security like firewalls programs. The windows firewall is fine and can stay.

If you can't solve it by turning off firewalls then simply turn off your internet and run the installer again and this will force the installer to allow you to use the OFFLINE mode. Follow the instructions it gives you. Done!

The only firewall I have is Windows. I also have Windows Defender. But no other. I didn't think of that today but I'll try tomorrow turning off both of those and see. If not then I'll try disconnecting from the internet as you suggest.

Thanks

Rick