Sign in to follow this  
_wombat_

RealAir Turbine Duke v2

2 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

hey, 

Would you please help me to do that ? I've just uninstall V4 to have all the space for a brand new clean V5 🙂 Dont really want to reinstall v4 😄

I don't suggest editing your registry if you aren't comfortable with it, but this is fairly straightforward.

Click the Windows key

Type "regedit" - this will open the registry editor

Go to the path in my screenshot and create a new key called "Prepar3D v4"

Within that Prepar3D v4 key create a new string value just like the one I've highlighted. Named "SetupPath" with the value data being the location of your v5 installation.

The installer will now think you have v4 installed and it will be an available option. The installer will want to install to your v4 add ons folder so just change that to your v5 add ons folder and complete the install. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

1 hour ago, vrdubin6 said:

I don't suggest editing your registry if you aren't comfortable with it, but this is fairly straightforward.

Click the Windows key

Type "regedit" - this will open the registry editor

Go to the path in my screenshot and create a new key called "Prepar3D v4"

Within that Prepar3D v4 key create a new string value just like the one I've highlighted. Named "SetupPath" with the value data being the location of your v5 installation.

The installer will now think you have v4 installed and it will be an available option. The installer will want to install to your v4 add ons folder so just change that to your v5 add ons folder and complete the install. 

Great thank you, took me 5 minutes and it works like a charm 😄 

The only problem I see and maybe you could help is that even If I enable the cold and dark cockpit on the turbine duke config, each time I try to start a flight it is not cold and dark, any idea ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

Great thank you, took me 5 minutes and it works like a charm 😄 

The only problem I see and maybe you could help is that even If I enable the cold and dark cockpit on the turbine duke config, each time I try to start a flight it is not cold and dark, any idea ?

I think I had the same issue but after shutting it down once it was then cold and dark each time going forward.... don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure that's what I remember. I didn't have any issues with the config taking affect other that cold and dark.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

On 5/13/2020 at 2:34 PM, dyl55 said:

hey, 

Would you please help me to do that ? I've just uninstall V4 to have all the space for a brand new clean V5 🙂 Dont really want to reinstall v4 😄

@ dyl55,  

I started a new thread about the same problem and  vrdubin6  gave me this thread where he gave the solution. Here's an easy way to do it : open regedit and locate the entry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5), right click on "Prepar3D v5" entry in the left tree and do "export". Open the exported file with text editor like notepad++ change the first line  from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5] to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4] and save the file XXX.reg (file name does not matter). 

Double click on this XXX.reg file. You will be asked if you are sure click yes and you are done.  Install Duke v2 and the installer will find the Prepar3D v4 pointing to the Prepar3D v5. 

Thanks again to vrdubin6 ! 

Edited by untel123
typo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sumnr5@yahoo.com said:

Anyone think this aircraft will work in the new MSFS?  

No

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's