Sign in to follow this  
cyyzrwy24

Are they double entries?

Hi Oliver,

I had to re-install (rather update everything to the new version) and obviously I had to "re-attach" all sceneries. Now II think I have double entries? Or I made some kind of mess with ORBX....Everything is in library (ORBX) but I see everything messed on the ground....There are are no NAMERICA1(1) or EUROPE (8) in folder....Any Idea what I could have messed? I installed and checked all ORBX files and they appear to be in order and installed.

https://imgur.com/a/IsQ9UFf

Alex 

Hi,

sorry, I haven't seen that before. How exactly did you "reattach" the library? What does that mean? I imagine that with ORBX you just start Central - there should be nothing else to do? But I don't really know.

As for your screenshot: the scenery title is usually derived from the folder name where the \scenery and \texture assets are located. The (1) and (2) could be copies of the original folders in the same location? Are you using the same ORBX library for P3D V4 and V5 on the same computer? That could explain the duplicates, but I have no idea where they actually come from.

You should look at the packages first - the scenery tree tells you which Addon package (= add-on.xml file) contains this scenery component. Check it on the "Packages" tab if the contents of this Package are as they should be. Then you should take a look at the scenery assets themselves, if there really are multiple folders of the same scenery with (1), (2) etc. labels.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

10 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

sorry, I haven't seen that before

Me neither...LOL. Anyway, what I meant is that I "reactivated" ORBX library in central. It looks like that I doubled up somehow....not sure. I solved when I removed from library and installed directly in to SIM FOLDER (ORBX). And originally had them in library to save some space on SIM HD.

Thank you for respond....

• Like 1

Alex 

I am seeing the same thing.  I just finished rebuilding P3D45HF3.   Full, clean reinstall with no cfg leftovers, etc. 

I just reinstalled from scratch the FSDreamTeam KIAH airport.  Double entry shows up in AOM 154b03.  Also, the 'Exclude" component is stubbornly showing as violet / incorrect path.  The XML is placed in %documents%add ons, (by the FSDT native installer), and it correctly points to a path on another drive.  

I had to manually correct.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  

cheers, 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

8 hours ago, joby33y said:

I am seeing the same thing.  I just finished rebuilding P3D45HF3.   Full, clean reinstall with no cfg leftovers, etc. 

I just reinstalled from scratch the FSDreamTeam KIAH airport.  Double entry shows up in AOM 154b03.  Also, the 'Exclude" component is stubbornly showing as violet / incorrect path.  The XML is placed in %documents%add ons, (by the FSDT native installer), and it correctly points to a path on another drive.  

I had to manually correct.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  

cheers, 

Probably a duplicate package reference. If the add-on.xml is in \Documents\P3D addons, it cannot be referenced in C:\ProgramData\LM...\P3D...\add-ons.cfg at the same time. It is one or the other.

The Exclude shows as violet because it is empty. Empty scenery broke P3D V4.4, the sim was getting stuck on the splash screen and didn't start at all. I left the check for empty folders in there just in case this bug comes back.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

8 hours ago, joby33y said:

I had to manually correct. 

What excatly did you do to correct?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I have 3 Aerosoft Mega Airports.

When I reinstall them they show up as new packages ("New packages detected"). Since they are already there I then have double entries.

When I delete the duplicates ("Remove Duplicates") everything looks good. When I then try to save, their are three error message ("Duplicate Error!"), one for each airport. The save has obviously worked anyway (I can run P3D successfully).

But when I try to close it re-adds the duplicates and wants me to save again, which I don't do, since I already have a saved version which is O.K.

Thank you for your help

Klaus

MSFS, i7 9700K, RTX 2070, 32GB

48 minutes ago, khwsommer said:

I have 3 Aerosoft Mega Airports.

When I reinstall them they show up as new packages ("New packages detected"). Since they are already there I then have double entries.

Which airports are those? What exactly are you doing when you reinstall?

The app will only tell you about new packages on the autodiscovery paths (Documents\P3D Addons..). But TMBK Aerosoft doesn't install the add-on.xml there, so the message shouldn't appear at all.

As far as I can tell, the duplicates are caused by something like this:

1. The addon is installed. 
  2. The installer adds the package definition to the sim with the CLI
  3. There is no add-on.xml in the "Documents\Prepar3D V4/5 Add-ons" discovery path, nor should there be one. The addon works fine.
  4. Somehow either another add-on.xml is created in the autodiscovery path, or the initial one has always been there.

As far as P4AO is concerned, (4.) is a duplicate reference. The same addon is referenced by two different add-ons.cfg files at the same time. Since I cannot know how the sim will handle this situation, P4AO shows them both.

The place to check is the "Packages" tab, and the package information inside the scenery element on the "Scenery" tab. If there are two different packages, then you indeed have a duplicate. If it is the same package but referenced twice, it will be necessary to figure out how that happened in the first place.

Theoretically you should see the same duplication in P3D, in the dialog "Options->Add-ons"

In any case, I can only help with this if somebody who sees the duplicates sends me a backup ZIP of their config files, created with P4AO. The email address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. I will try to answer them.

I have Frankfurt, Cologne-Bonn and Berlin. But they all behave the same way.

They are installed in a separate directory: E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons. This directory is included in the Discovery Paths.

The duplicate entries under the "Packages" tab look completely identical and point to the correct locations in E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons

The entries under the "Scenery" tab (6 = 3 x 2) look identical except for the layer numbers. Duplicates have sequential number (e.g. 292 and 293).

With my "fix" method mentioned before (Remove Duplicates, save (although Duplicate Error! messages), Close (without saving with the automatically generated duplicates)) the duplicates do not show up in Prepar3D "Options->Add-ons".

The add-on.xml for e.g. Berlin in "E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Berlin Brandenburg Professional V5" looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Berlin Brandenburg Professional V5</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>by LimeSim/29Palms 2020</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>.\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>.</Path>
    <Name>Berlin Brandenburg Professional</Name>
    <Layer>289</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

I hope this helps.

Your program is absolutely great and I really appreciate all your efforts. Phantastic job!

Klaus

36 minutes ago, khwsommer said:

This directory is included in the Discovery Paths.

How exactly?

And is this definitely the only add-on.xml that points to this scenery? No other copy present in "\Documents\Prepar3D V5 Add-ons"? And does this happen for all scenery products installed there, or only those three?

As I said, I would need a full backup of the config files that show the duplicates. I have no other chance of finding out what is going on.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

well in P4AO I have under Discovery:

D:\_Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons
Orbx Main Library
     E:\Orbx Library\p3dv5
E P3D v5 Add-ons
    E:\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons

I checked again: There are only add-on.xml files for 5 different add-ons under "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons"

I also checked the add-ons.cfg file in AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\. It references exactly the 5 add-ons that have an add-on.xml for under Documents, so none of the 3 Aerosoft Airports.

Which files would you like me to send you ( I have your e-mail address)?

scenery.cfg, add-ons.cfg, ... ?

Best regards,

Klaus

8 hours ago, khwsommer said:

Which files would you like me to send you ( I have your e-mail address)?

This only makes sense when you are actually seeing the duplicates. But since you have corrected that situation, there is nothing to see for me.

If you get a duplicate again, open P4AO, go to the Backup/Restore tab and create a backup of your config files. The result is a ZIP file, and that is what I need.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

It is correct that I found a workaround, but now P4AO complains (and I ignore it and do not save) that I have duplicates and turns the save button red when I close. I ignore this fact and then the sim will work fine. When I open P4AO again, P4AO tells me that it found new packages. So, I believe that there is still either a program issue or an issue with my setup.

I sent you the backup via e-mail.

Thank you for your consideration.

Klaus

P.S.: interestingly enough P4AO has stopped "mishandling" one of the Aerosoft airports. The one that is not shown as duplicate changes randomly. But the issue persists for 2 of the 3 airports and (Frankfurt and Cologne-Bonn) and this is also the status that is reflected in the backup I sent