Sign in to follow this  
V1VrV2

Tutorial Video: Engine Start

A handful of people have reported issues starting the engines on the Excel so I made this video showing how I've been doing it (with successful results - only a few rare roll-backs, but it always starts on the second time). If you're still having issues after watching the video, please comment below and I'll do my best to help you.

• Like 1

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

V1VrV2

Thank You very much for the video. This cleared up a a lot of confusion from my mind. re; start up procedures Very much appreciate your effort!! 🙂 

If you don't mind my asking, How do you go about setting (what buttons/switches on the PFD?MFD?, MFDC?)  the LFE ( landing field elev) and minimums shown on approach plates?

Best regards

hari

Very well done!    Thank you for taking the time to put this together!

John

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 6:59 AM, Hari said:

V1VrV2

Thank You very much for the video. This cleared up a a lot of confusion from my mind. re; start up procedures Very much appreciate your effort!! 🙂 

If you don't mind my asking, How do you go about setting (what buttons/switches on the PFD?MFD?, MFDC?)  the LFE ( landing field elev) and minimums shown on approach plates?

Best regards

hari

Hi, Hari - Thanks for the kind words. To answer your questions, the pressurization controller is on the tilt panel in front of the thrust levers. It has two digital windows marked SET ALT and RATE. Normally, prior to takeoff and with the pressurization to AUTO, you would enter the destination field elevation (SLA) in the SET ALT window. I think the Carenado Excel might have a tool tip that says "Cabin ALT" (?) but can't remember for sure... In either case, it means SLA and you can look at the tool tip for the value you're setting.

For setting the minimums, there is a rotary knob on the display controller that is labeled RA. This knob shares function with the PFD dimmer/brightness and it's somewhat difficult to get your mouse in the right place, but again, if you watch the tool tip you'll be able to see when you're in the right place.

FrYJmiy.png

Hope that helps!

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Hi V1VrV2.

I noticed you are using a fancy checklist for this video. Is this something that you would share with us. If you do, I will send you a PM with my email address.

Cheers Bernie