Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

GTN750 slow and laggy p3dv5 (resolved)

I just installed the new update for the GTN today hoping it would fix the lagging issues, but it appears they remain. I tried changing the priority in Process Lasso (which has fixed the problem in the past in previous versions), but it didn't speed things up at all. I have heard some issues with the Windows 10 2004 update breaking the F1 GTN and I hoping its not the same issue here. Any ideas?

Edited by sho69607
Meant to post in the FSX/P3D section. Please move if possible.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Are you on 2004? Check the trainer stand alone. If it's laggy then no GTN in plane addon can help. That's what made me roll back to 1909. There will be a fix for sure but it may take until the trainer is updated. Might also only happen on some systems. 

Hans

Are you on 2004? Check the trainer stand alone. If it's laggy then no GTN in plane addon can help. That's what made me roll back to 1909. There will be a fix for sure but it may take until the trainer is updated. Might also only happen on some systems. 

Here seems to be a solution

Hans

17 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Here seems to be a solution

Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately even with the latest version released it is super slow, both inside the sim and as a standalone. I tried to rollback to my previous windows version, but Windows wont let me (even though there is a backup copy sitting right on my harddrive).

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

9 hours ago, sho69607 said:

Unfortunately even with the latest version released it is super slow,

So rolling back the trainer to v 6.50 didn't help either?

Hans

@sho69607

Hi,

There are very positive reports about our latest v2.5.25 with GTN 6.62.3 with some users experiencing some form of lag before:

Just to make sure:

16 hours ago, sho69607 said:

I just installed the new update for the GTN today

Are you talking about the GTN Trainer latest version (6.62.3), or the latest RXP GTN v2.5.25 update?

@hjsmuc

Hi,

16 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Check the trainer stand alone. If it's laggy then no GTN in plane addon can help.

This is just not true and you might want to be more specific about which GTN addon you're mentioning:

The genuine Reality XP 750/650 Touch add-on is taking a deeper control into the GTN trainer than it looks from the outside. Not all trainer based products are born alike...

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

This is just not true and you might want to be more specific about which GTN addon you're mentioning:

Hi Jean-Luc, 

I have both your GTN and the one from F1. I use yours in X-Plane only and the other in Prepar3D only. Thus, when the 6.62 Trainer lags with the F1 GTN I would always end up with one lagging GTN in one primary sim. I am sure that this is an issue that can be solved and I am also quite sure that it does not affect all machines with Win10 2004.

It would be interesting to know if anyone on 2004 who has a lagging trainer still enjoys normal operation with the RXP GTN. This would certainly make a big point for your product which I by no means wanted to criticize by my statement. From my layman's knowledge it was hard to imagine that the add-on can remove a limitation of the trainer. But if it can it's another reason to opt for RXP.   

Edited by RXP

Hans

43 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

It would be interesting to know if anyone on 2004 who has a lagging trainer still enjoys normal operation with the RXP GTN. This would certainly make a big point for your product which I by no means wanted to criticize by my statement.

That would be me, as I mentioned in the linked thread the latest RXP is smooth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kaan KASIM said:

That would be me, as I mentioned in the linked thread the latest RXP is smooth.

Thanks, maybe I should consider moving completely to RXP. I'll see what happening when 2004 is pushed again to my computer. The last time I installed it from the insider program. 

Hans

@hjsmuc Rest assured I have no misunderstanding of your statement and I know you meant no arm, neither to RXP nor any other vendor. I just want to make sure there is no misconception about the nature of the GTN products.

There are different solution using the same trainer underneath, and it just seems they should be equal but they are not. The genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch product goes way beyond just wrapper the trainer process. It reprograms it and make it better!

Please try this: run the trainer standalone, run Process Explorer (gives more details than task manager), and see the trainer memory usage. Then open the RXP GTN in your simulator and compare...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

The version that includes Airac 1809 runs smooth as butter. Unfortunately that database is quite old, but custom waypoints can be used as a substitute until this is made compatible with Windows Update 2004.

~Spencer Hoefer

On 5/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, sho69607 said:

I tried changing the priority in Process Lasso (which has fixed the problem in the past in previous versions), but it didn't speed things up at all

8 hours ago, sho69607 said:

until this is made compatible with Windows Update 2004.

Hi,

I believe the problem you're experiencing is due to Process Lasso.

This is a very low level tool messing around with the Windows process/thread schedulers. Are you sure the Process Lasso version you're running is 'compatible/approved' for Windows Update 2004?

Please consider the following:

You are running 2 processes: the simulator and the trainer. Process Lasso is only dealing with 1 process at a time.

However, the operating system is concerned with all processes simultaneously. With Process Lasso in between, it wouldn't be much of a problem with a single process in isolation but it is a totally different story when running 2 processes or more which have to be kind one to the other in regard to sharing the computer resources:

• You shouldn't change the simulator process priority at all, otherwise you'll be starting the trainer trying to get some of the CPU.
  • You shouldn't change the trainer affinity either with Process Lasso or similar.

For an effective experience with the RXP GTN:

• Use the RXP settings to set the trainer process affinity to automatic (works 99.99999% of the time)
  • Use the RXP settings to run the trainer on a specific CPU core#.
  • Use the RXP settings to let the trainer use any/all CPU cores.

This is all documented in the RXP GTN User's Manual.

The RXP GTN addresses these low level considerations for you, and by itself, in reprogramming some of the trainer internals*.

* The RXP GTN has been engineered to run 2 trainers on the same core (results may vary depending on CPU/system specs).

14 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

I believe the problem you're experiencing is due to Process Lasso.

This is a very low level tool messing around with the Windows process/thread schedulers. Are you sure the Process Lasso version you're running is 'compatible/approved' for Windows Update 2004?

Please consider the following:

You are running 2 processes: the simulator and the trainer. Process Lasso is only dealing with 1 process at a time.

However, the operating system is concerned with all processes simultaneously. With Process Lasso in between, it wouldn't be much of a problem with a single process in isolation but it is a totally different story when running 2 processes or more which have to be kind one to the other in regard to sharing the computer resources:

• You shouldn't change the simulator process priority at all, otherwise you'll be starting the trainer trying to get some of the CPU.
  • You shouldn't change the trainer affinity either with Process Lasso or similar.

For an effective experience with the RXP GTN:

• Use the RXP settings to set the trainer process affinity to automatic (works 99.99999% of the time)
  • Use the RXP settings to run the trainer on a specific CPU core#.
  • Use the RXP settings to let the trainer use any/all CPU cores.

This is all documented in the RXP GTN User's Manual.

The RXP GTN addresses these low level considerations for you, and by itself, in reprogramming some of the trainer internals*.

* The RXP GTN has been engineered to run 2 trainers on the same core (results may vary depending on CPU/system specs).

I uninstalled Process Lasso and tried again to update everything to the latest version and unfortunately it still is very slow. The only version that works smoothly is Trainer 6.50.1 with RXP version 2.5.25.0. The only downside is I am stuck on Airac 1809 for now.

Avsim won't let me insert the URL, but this is the link to the screenshot showing my versions if necessary. https://prnt.sc/sgf8y0

Edited by sho69607

~Spencer Hoefer

7 hours ago, sho69607 said:

Use the RXP settings to let the trainer use any/all CPU cores.

Have you tried changing the GTN setting to use 'any/all' cores?

NB: it is documented in the RXP User's Manual and only works with Trainers 6.62.x

Are you using anything 'Norton' or 'Comodo' ?

Besides, you're not limited to the older AIRAC:

Edited by RXP

Does the Trainer rely on the.NET Framework? Yesterday, there was an update for this available and after installing it I got crashes of the Trainer under Win10 1909. If that .NET update is part of the Win10 2004 upgrade, this might explain some issues. But I am just guessing here.

Hans