Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Opinions About The Vertx Diamond DA62

Gents, despite the developer not being around for understandable reasons this still seems like a really attractive aircraft if like me you’re sticking with P3Dv4.

One thing I’m trying to establish is its navigation database. There’s talk that it uses the P3D one which we know is out of date. But that ‘database’ isn’t a discrete file. It’s generated from all the BGLs in your setup.

So if you keep those BGLs up to date with the data from this site surely that means the G1000 is using the latest data? https://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/31/2020 at 12:55 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Gents, despite the developer not being around for understandable reasons this still seems like a really attractive aircraft if like me you’re sticking with P3Dv4.

One thing I’m trying to establish is its navigation database. There’s talk that it uses the P3D one which we know is out of date. But that ‘database’ isn’t a discrete file. It’s generated from all the BGLs in your setup.

So if you keep those BGLs up to date with the data from this site surely that means the G1000 is using the latest data? https://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Ray,

I've often thought about buying this as it does look very good compared to Carendo version.

I managed to find some videos on Youtube, think I may have the info at home and the chap mentioned about using Little Nav map.

It sounds like you would recommend this for someone to purchase?

Jason

Jason Thompson

@jay907uk, recommend it 100%. It’s a very simple aircraft to master. The hardest bit is taxiing. There’s a mod posted elsewhere here to make it a bit easier and I’ll find that tomorrow.

The G1000 units are wonderful. I don’t know where it gets its data for the nav database but it doesn’t appear to be lacking. I only have one Carenado aircraft- the PC12 - and whilst it’s a nice addon this one is much more sophisticated.

You can use LNM. I use it and EFB by Aivlasoft on a separate PC. But for £40 you can’t go wrong with the DA62.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@jay907uk, recommend it 100%. It’s a very simple aircraft to master. The hardest bit is taxiing. There’s a mod posted elsewhere here to make it a bit easier and I’ll find that tomorrow.

The G1000 units are wonderful. I don’t know where it gets its data for the nav database but it doesn’t appear to be lacking. I only have one Carenado aircraft- the PC12 - and whilst it’s a nice addon this one is much more sophisticated.

You can use LNM. I use it and EFB by Aivlasoft on a separate PC. But for £40 you can’t go wrong with the DA62.

You have got me very tempted again lol. I have installed LNM but not really used this because of not having any GA aircraft in P3Dv4. 

I'll have a look for those links once I'm home and send them to you. I found the videos really good that the person had made.

Jason Thompson