Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Proper way of getting FS9 AI over to FSX

I have done a search in the forum but the results do not list what I am looking for.I am looking for a how to for moving all of my FS9 AI over to FSX.I know where I need to copy the AI aircraft to Sim objectaircraft folder.But when I start FSX I am getting lots of errors with aircraft naming the same. Now I have several hundred AIA, and FSP models and airlines what is the best way of going about re-naming the ones with the same name. Is there a program that I can use to re-name the files to make it a bit easier? Thanks in advance.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Thanks for posting on how to transfer AI over to FSX. I use UT so your notes on the changes worked with no problem. However one comment: recommend you change the following: SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjectsAI_AirplanestoSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects/AI_AirplanesIt didn't work the first time since I copied your line verbatum becuase I didn't have the slash..Great work,thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there got it to work great but I cant get any callsigns to be heard in FSX. Ive done everything as per on your blog. I use Edit Voice Pack, should I just run its installer/updater and point the install path to FSX?Richard

Guest dutton

Oh - not sure on that one Richard, be careful. Make sure you copied the file, I am sure you did, but double check that. Also - did you put the airlines.cfg in the main FSX folder? Not the AI/Aircraft folder as it was before.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

Yeah done all that. I have two files in my FS9 sound folder called USEnglishASOS and USEnglishBig.gvp.evpOrg. Im wondering should I delete the .evpOrg of the last file and then put it into my FSX ATC folder so it overwrites the other?Richard

Guest dutton

The file you want is definitely USEnglishBig.gvp. You want the BIG file.... as in file size. I never copied over the ASOS file and everything seems to work fine. I am going to test it now again.Verify that you copied it into the ATC folder in FSX.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

Yeah copied it over, Im able to choose which callsign I want in the sim by clicking on the plane I want to fly then choosing details and clicking on callsign, they are all there I just cant hear them in FSX, weirdRichard

Guest dutton

I am not sure of testing it that way. I loaded up JFK and sat and listened to ground. There were some major airlines I heard like American but some were just using their flight numbers.I then copied over that ASOS file to the ATC / ASOS folder and have FSX running right now and I have yet to hear anyone call without a callsign. Perhaps we need that file too. I will let it run for a bit more and post the results I find here.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

Guest dutton

Nope, still getting the odd one without a callsign, just the flight number. To me, a lot of them are there, so it is working fine as per the instructions. My voicepak probably needs to be updated though.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

Ok well thanks for your help anyway, I'll keep playing around and see if I can sort anything, hopefully Edit Voice Pack will be updated for FSX sometimeAll the bestRichard

Folks, sometimes I get CTD when I crank the traffic up to 100%.Try 100% in EDDF and LOWW. When I roll the traffic desnity back it works fine.Otherwise AI is good. My traffic.bgl file is the one compiled for FS9 by UT.Thanks

Guest dutton

Just tried EDDF and all was fine. I remember in FS9 a CTD could happen if there was something awry with AI aircraft.Have you run the MRAI installer with a test package? You do not need to actually install anything, but before it does, it checks all over your folders for inconsistencies. I found this to be a very handy tool when bringing in new AI aircraft. Might be worth a shot if you have not used it yet.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/