Sign in to follow this  
alphasierraq

G530SIM.exe not working

I just bought the Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2, and installed it. I am hoping I didn't waste money. I haven't tried it on Xplane yet, but I wanted to see their newer version of the GNS Trainer. But I am unable to power-on the unit. Press and hold the Power/Com knob does nothing. I checked the old version of GNS trainer (which I have used for many years) and that turns on fine. 

Also, why is there no support email for RXP? The support link directs me to this forum instead. 

Hi,

AFAIK there are already discussions in the forum about this and this is expected and normal. Try searching the forum first with "GNS trainer power on" and this might give some results.

As for support, this is the official support forum. It is much better than email: experience shows our customers having specific questions with the product are in fact sharing the same question, and therefore the same resolutions, with 95% of our customers.

With 18000+ posts, most resolutions and answers are in fact already in the forum!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

AFAIK there are already discussions in the forum about this and this is expected and normal. Try searching the forum first with "GNS trainer power on" and this might give some results.

As for support, this is the official support forum. It is much better than email: experience shows our customers having specific questions with the product are in fact sharing the same question, and therefore the same resolutions, with 95% of our customers.

With 18000+ posts, most resolutions and answers are in fact already in the forum!

I tried searching that phrase, and came up with many hits but none of them were specific to a GNS trainer not powering on. I found one thread about a GTN that stopped working, but there were many people chiming in with opinions, but no resolution as far as I can see. Besides, the forum will not allow me to run searches consecutively without having to wait for some time between searches. 

Back to the original question, this is not a complicated question. This being expected behavior seems rather strange. How can something not turning on be expected behavior? What is the resolution, or is there no resolution? If you can answer that question briefly here (I am your customer), it might benefit others too. 

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Oh, BTW, my posts won't get posted until the moderator approves it. It is not the best way to communicate with a customer. 

2 hours ago, AndrewS said:

Oh, BTW, my posts won't get posted until the moderator approves it. It is not the best way to communicate with a customer. 

It’s only a temporary thing until you have enough posts. No more than 10, probably fewer. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

TL;DR: this is normal and expected.

Anyhow there is no reason to run it standalone: just start XP11, add a GNS 530 to any aircraft with Plugins > RXP > GNS etc.., there you get a fully integrated and functional GNS 530 WAAS simulation connected to your aircraft systems!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

40 minutes ago, RXP said:

Anyhow there is no reason to run it standalone: just start XP11, add a GNS 530 to any aircraft with Plugins > RXP > GNS etc.., there you get a fully integrated and functional GNS 530 WAAS simulation connected to your aircraft systems!

OK, thanks. That's simple enough, and could have been said right away. There was no need to send me a wild goose chase combing through dozens of posts.

Great!

NB: you were asking a specific question for which I've tried to give you the most complete answer.

On 5/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, RXP said:

So this is Self Service support?  Id didn't say that on the website.    During installation it says to email support with any questions.   We as customers dont get paid, or receive benifits like health insurance for this task of  searching thru 18,000 posts.  It's on opportunity costs for our income producing jobs.  Are you sure there is not support other then self help?

@gskudlarick Hi,

First and foremost: do you have any particular issue you'd like to get resolved, or are you more generally arguing about how we're conducting our business? Please let me know so that we can better help you.

NB: you might want to make sure creating new discussions for new issues and not appending unrelated comments to existing discussion. It is not only better practice to getting help faster, it is also more respectful for others participating in the forum, let alone this is your 1st post here.

Edited by RXP

On 5/18/2020 at 11:28 PM, RXP said:

You could install the full version next to the one as installed by Reality XP if you want a stand alone simulation of it: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4867

That one will by default install in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\G600 Trainer. If I remember well the Reality XP one will install in Garmin/GNS.

You could even let Reality XP use the G600 installed version, but that is only interesting if you want to update the database for only one of them (based on a paid database update for a real device). In that case set the user environemnt variables of Windows to:

GNSNAVDATA C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\G600 Trainer\GNS\db
GNSSIMPATH C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\G600 Trainer\GNS