Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
corosife

Help! My simulator always lagging, I need your help!

Recommended Posts

Hi....

I have problem with my Prepar3D V4.5, I have pc with specification:

Processor i5 9600K

VGA GTX 1660 super

Ram 16Gb

Fan Cooler master hyper 212

SSD Samsung Evo 970 plus 1tb

But i have problem with Approaching in any airports always lag. I installed my prepar3D in my system with the SSD samsung, Right am i installed in my system? Or i'm wrong with the installation?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

i always install P3D on different HDD.

About lags - multiple possibilities, in general i would say that ur settings are too high and GPU cannot handle, thus lags.

In my case for smooth sim it is crucial to limit framerates and enable vsync.

Apart of that check FFTF and affinity mask.

 

By the way - i have almost same spec as yours

Edited by Beardyman

Artur Pomajda

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Beardyman said:

i always install P3D on different HDD.

About lags - multiple possibilities, in general i would say that ur settings are too high and GPU cannot handle, thus lags.

In my case for smooth sim it is crucial to limit framerates and enable vsync.

 

By the way - i have almost same spec as yours

Your setting is high? Ultra? I use default setting but it's so lag.

Share this post


Link to post

My settings are well balanced and suits my flying - slow and low.

In case P3D u have to experiment a lot to find that sweet spot, which depends on hardware, software and ur visual preferences - that is why there is no universal advise. 

Go with ur settings to lowest level, fly with ur most advanced addon and judge.

If u feel that everything is smooth go with ur settings a notch higher and check.

It is tedious way, but the only one.


Artur Pomajda

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

My settings are well balanced and suits my flying - slow and low.

In case P3D u have to experiment a lot to find that sweet spot, which depends on hardware, software and ur visual preferences - that is why there is no universal advise. 

Go with ur settings to lowest level, fly with ur most advanced addon and judge.

If u feel that everything is smooth go with ur settings a notch higher and check.

It is tedious way, but the only one.

What is the highest setting you set? Btw, thank you for your advice.

Share this post


Link to post

I cannot attach any pics cause i do not use any photo sharing app.

Can send u my settings on ur private mail if u wish.


Artur Pomajda

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Beardyman said:

I cannot attach any pics cause i do not use any photo sharing app.

Can send u my settings on ur private mail if u wish.

You can send to my email. Thank you so much.

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed email addrsss

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, corosife said:

You can send to my email. Thank you so much.

I removed your email address before approving your post. It’s not a good idea to put it out in public. Send @Beardyman a PM with your email address if you wish.


Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I removed your email address before approving your post. It’s not a good idea to put it out in public. Send @Beardyman a PM with your email address if you wish.

I'am so sorry.. Thank you for your advice.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,170.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...