Sign in to follow this  
Mario Castillo del Pino

black screen after update (resolved)

Dear friends, I have been a happy user of the RXP GTN750 for more than six months now. I use it with every flight. I am RXP dependent since I purchase their incledible addon last november. Everything perfect so far. But yesterday (may 24th, 2020) I was prompted to update my GTN750 to a new version (do not remember which, I only remember it was released in May). I accepted, why not. I just clicked ok and the installer did its things. Since then I can open my popup GTN but the screen is dead. Black. I searched for possible problems in the forum and read the users manual again. It seems that mine is not a rare issue.  The strange thing is that I have not changed anything in my rig: same pc, same components, same airplanes in P3D v4.5, and so on. I just clicked ok for an update and my RXP GTN simply stopped working.

I have tried all the solutions I am capable of: disabled antivirus, firewalls, etc. Reinstalled everything from scratch. Checked my log files as indicated in the users manual and in some posts in this forum. It reads a follows:

20/05/25 22:15:11.392 12272 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.22.1
20/05/25 22:15:11.391 12272 INFO ] 
20/05/25 22:15:12.566 12272 ERROR] trainer not found
20/05/25 22:15:12.569 12272 INFO ] installed:
20/05/25 22:15:12.569 12272 INFO ] 6620 nav: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\
20/05/25 22:15:12.620 12272 ERROR] trainer not found
20/05/25 22:15:12.622 12272 INFO ] installed:
20/05/25 22:15:12.623 12272 INFO ] 6620 nav: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\

As the trainer appeared as NOT FOUND, well it must have been deleted somehow, I thought, so I decided to install it again. The installer says ALREADY INSTALLED IN MY HARD DRIVE. 

I give up. I do not know what to do next. I did everything that was in my hand. I need help now. Can any of you fellow simmers or devs show me some light of what is happening. I would appreciate a wise advice of what to do.

Thanks in advance,

Mario Castillo from Málaga, Spain

Edited by Mario Castillo del Pino

Probably worth checking the trainer version - since the latest update doesn't support some versions the previous one did.

That's what caused that issue for me anyway!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Thanks Gazzareth for the reply. So let me try to get the whole picture. What I updated might not have been the RXP add-on but the Garmin Trainer? If it was the trainer, do you know if I can retrofit to my older version? I will focus on your approach and try to solve it till RXP comes with a feasible reason and solution. Hope they read my post and reply soon.

Thanks again. 

Mario

13 hours ago, Mario Castillo del Pino said:

I would appreciate a wise advice of what to do.

Hi!

You have something wrong with the GTN and Garmin Trainer versions. The error log you provided says that you have GTN version 2.5.22.1 and Trainer version 6.62.0.

If you make an update, the current version of GTN should be 2.5.25 and the latest Trainer is version 6.62.3.

When you run the GTN update, there will be an option to update Trainer during the installation process. If everything is done correctly, the error will disappear and everything will work.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Hi,

You can install on top first, and uninstall/reinstall only if it fails.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)