Sign in to follow this  
schmit

Carenado plane outside the Prepar3D v5 directory

Hello

My question is for the Carenado Cessna 172 G1000.

My question is about the Carenado Cessna 172 G1000. This aircraft works very well with Prepar3D v5, after a conventional Carenado install procedure and the latest patch for P3D v5.
In this case, all the files necessary for the operation of the aircraft are installed inside the P3D directory.
Following the recommendations of Lockheed Martin, I would like to install this aircraft outside the P3D directory using the Add-on.xml method? Any ideas for solving this problem? Thanks for any help.

Take a look through this discussion. You may find some help there, toward the last of the thread.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/574186-carenado-p3dv5-patch-is-out/

Hope this helps,

Jesse

Edited by JesC

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Any particular reason why you'd want to? Sure I understand the whole concept, but in the event of a P3d update or reinstall it's easier to just reinstall the 172 if needed.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I tried it for 2 Carenado birds. All according to instructions. But the planes didn't show up in the sim. I use the add-on method for most things now, but for Carenado I went back to a direct install. 

Hans

Many thanks for your replies.

I think I'll still use the conventional install method because I'm not sure that Carenado's planes are suitable for the add-on.xml method.

Besides, I did not receive any response from Carenado support !

Thank again

For those interested in the problem, here is Carenado Support's answer to my question. 

It is therefore hopeless !

Thank you again for your interest.

Carenado SupportSaturday at 23:28
Greetings,

Sorry the late reply, we had some intermittent problems with our support platform.
We can not guaranteed its full functionality, as we didn't test or create to work that way.

Regards,