Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Orbx KSAN

On 6/7/2020 at 11:12 PM, Dave_YVR said:

Fixing KSAN is pretty easy with ADE. Import stock data and then select from List to show Library objects, sort by Is Stock = True and delete them. Do the same with Taxi Signs, save and compile. 

YMML in the control panel has an option for if you have FTX AUS v2 and will disable the appropriate files.

Can you help detail on how to usd ADE editor to do this. I tried to follow your instruction, but cannot find the Library Object under the list, also when I tried to save the changes, it saved to a project folder instead of the P3DV5 folder. 

On 6/9/2020 at 6:28 PM, Malcolm Street said:

ORBX KSAN update is now out.

What is the version number? I have 2.2.1

1 hour ago, nicboyGS said:

Can you help detail on how to usd ADE editor to do this.

The list option is actually Scenery Objects. Saving it just saves it as an ADE project, the make it into a bgl you also need to compile it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

The list option is actually Scenery Objects. Saving it just saves it as an ADE project, the make it into a bgl you also need to compile it.

Thanks, I understand the first part. But what do you mean "make it into a bgl you also need to compile it", you mean drop it into the KSAN scenery folder? or into the stock scenery APX16200.bgl that associated with KSAN. In the latter case, how this APX16200.bgl to be modified based on the change to ADE project I just did.

You are trying to edit the ORBX KSAN, so there's no need to do anything at all to default APX files. You want to edit the ORBX KSAN ADE file that you have now and once completed, it has to be compiled by ADE which turns it into a BGL that you then copy into your ORBX KSAN folder.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

You are trying to edit the ORBX KSAN, so there's no need to do anything at all to default APX files. You want to edit the ORBX KSAN ADE file that you have now and once completed, it has to be compiled by ADE which turns it into a BGL that you then copy into your ORBX KSAN folder.

Where is the ORBX KSAN ADE file you are talking about, I checked the ORBX KSAN folder, there is no such ADE file.

As the name implies, it's in the scenery folder that houses your ORBX KSAN. To be specific the filename is KSAN_V2_ADEX_ADE.