Sign in to follow this  
speil

P3D V 5.0.24.34874 and Saitek Rudder Pedals

I have recently purchased and installed P3D on my new PC.  I had previously installed P3D V 4.5 with Hotfix 3.  Things went well with V 4.5.  I followed the developers' instructions on unistalling V 4.5 when I decided to try V 5.

The installation of V 5 seemed to go well.  However, upon attempting to use my Saitek Yoke System and Rudder Pedals, the left and right toe brake functions were not working as planned.  When I attempted to reassign the axis within P3D to fix the toe brake problem, the process would only assign the X and Y axis to the left and right toe brake functions respectively.  I have spent hours on trying to correct this problem; searching numerous forums for help.

Please advise.

Thank you

Stephen A. Peil

I apologize to those who may feel compelled to respond to this topic.

Thankfully, I solved this through another's post.  I changed the setting Options (menu bar)  Other Controls from Direct Input to Raw Input. ...seems to work.

• Like 2

Very nice to see that you posted your solution to your problem. Most times people ask for help then some how they fix it themselves but don’t post what they did to fix it. Kudos to you!

9 hours ago, Fun said:

Very nice to see that you posted your solution to your problem. Most times people ask for help then some how they fix it themselves but don’t post what they did to fix it. Kudos to you!

Ditto

18 hours ago, speil said:

Thankfully, I solved this through another's post.  I changed the setting Options (menu bar)  Other Controls from Direct Input to Raw Input. ...seems to work.

Glad to see it worked. I had also found some inconsistencies with other non Saitek controls seemed to be overcome by using Raw input. There is remarkably little information about the use and benefits of either input choice. I'm sure there are experts on Avsim who could explain the pros and cons, but it doesn't come up very often.

John B

13 hours ago, Fun said:

Yes thank you Stephen for 'closing the loop' which many people omit doing. If you ask for help, have the courtesy of letting readers know whether the issue was solved and if so, how.