Sign in to follow this  
gronji2004

GSX 2 Help

Hi,

Got a problem. A lot (but not all) of my airports have SODE Jetways installed (and recognised in the airport editor). When i click operate Jetways the menu just closes and nothing happens?

I am using P3Dv4.5 and the current airport in question is Valencia X.

Getting really frustrated with this now, paid a lot for this software and its full of bugs, and so far my support request has been ignored!

Cheers,
Alex

You should remove the SODE Jetways and replace them with GSX L2 jetways. In the case of Valencia, this has already been done by Cartayna who has just setup a new page at Simmarket. All of his excellent GSX configs are there and they are free of charge

1 minute ago, mrlip said:

You should remove the SODE Jetways and replace them with GSX L2 jetways. In the case of Valencia, this has already been done by Cartayna who has just setup a new page at Simmarket. All of his excellent GSX configs are there and they are free of charge

Thanks Mrlip. How do Igo about removing the SODE ones and enabling the GSX L2 ones?

Also, is there any way in getting pax and bags to board together?

Ask Virtuali on their forum at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, gronji2004 said:

Thanks Mrlip. How do Igo about removing the SODE ones and enabling the GSX L2 ones?

Also, is there any way in getting pax and bags to board together?

If using the Cartayna files, instructions come with each config file on how to set them up. 

Pax and bags should always board together, or at least they do on mine. The only exception I could think to this is if you are using an aircraft that boards bags from the the left. In that case it will board passengers then bags so they don’t get in the way of each other. What aircraft were you using?

1 hour ago, mrlip said:

If using the Cartayna files, instructions come with each config file on how to set them up. 

Pax and bags should always board together, or at least they do on mine. The only exception I could think to this is if you are using an aircraft that boards bags from the the left. In that case it will board passengers then bags so they don’t get in the way of each other. What aircraft were you using?

Thanks mate, and yeh the NGX which is bizzare...

10 hours ago, gronji2004 said:

Thanks mate, and yeh the NGX which is bizzare...

Yeah NGX should board together as bags are from the right. Assuming you are using the built in aircraft config that is and haven’t edited anything. 

16 hours ago, gronji2004 said:

Hi,

Got a problem. A lot (but not all) of my airports have SODE Jetways installed (and recognised in the airport editor). When i click operate Jetways the menu just closes and nothing happens?

I am using P3Dv4.5 and the current airport in question is Valencia X.

Getting really frustrated with this now, paid a lot for this software and its full of bugs, and so far my support request has been ignored!

Cheers,
Alex

Can  you  list all the  full of  bugs  as  you  claim,  and  to  your issue   about your  post has  been  ignored,  do  you expect  Umberto  to answer  your  post  as  soon  as  you post it?   Give  him  time  since  he  has  a life  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

55 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Can  you  list all the  full of  bugs  as  you  claim,  and  to  your issue   about your  post has  been  ignored,  do  you expect  Umberto  to answer  your  post  as  soon  as  you post it?   Give  him  time  since  he  has  a life  as well

Happily, after installing with no antivirus:

• Menu doesnt open first time, multiple attempts to open the menu
  • When the menu's open, clicking or selecting a ground service closes it with no action
  • Ground services work one minute at an airport, reload another day and "no jetway available" suddenly
  • Timings not matching whats in user settings
  • Having to restart the addon several times and nothing happens when it runs

Need I continue?

Well you are the only one experiencing this so rather than going off on a tangent You might try to do some troubleshooting your end whilst you wait for a reply. Un-install then re-install etc
I understand your frustration but claiming a well established product is full of bugs, when it isn't) will get you nowhere....in fact quite the opposite. I am amazed that given the complexity of what it does that it does it so well and so simply.

Can we assume that you have:

1. Read the comprehensive manual
  2. Tried airports other than Valencia X
Edited by cowpatz
additional comment
  • Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall