Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Share the same scenery for both p3d v3 and v4?

Hi to all,

is it possible to share the same scenery for p3dv3 v4? Suppose I have a scenery with installer for all those two sim version, I want to install for p3d4 but don't wan't to reinstall for p3d3 for saving space on hd. Infact if I run the installer I install the scenery two times on two different sims. I Could add the scenery in p3d3 choosing the path for p3d4 and that method should work, but if the scenery has SODE or other files spreaded in other folder of P3D4 root? I would have a partially working scenery.

The Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer could do the job?

My target is to create a folder out of p3dv3 and p3dv4, suppose F:/P3D-SCENERY only for the sceneries and use it for both simulator to save space.

Any suggestion? many thanks

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Problem P3D3 32bit sim P3D4 64bit sim not the same.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just give it a try and see how it works. Most will work fine as scenery itself isn't 32bit or 64bit. If it doesn't work, then just unlink or remove it. 

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

As I have tried- change all vanilla scenery path in P3Dv3's scenery.cfg to P4D's one, It doesn't work, a lot of error message when loading v3....

Any particular sceneries? I don't recall having any issues.

I'm sure it can be done using the XML method, but I have not tried it. But adding the scenery through the sim can be done. I do it all the time. As long as the scenery is compatible with each version, it can be done. Just go into your scenery library in the sim, add area, point to where the scenery is installed, and select ok. It doesn't matter if the scenery is used with any other sim, it can be shared with no problems.

Thanks to all for replies.

@Monica infact I did as you said and scenery seems to work perfectly.

But SODE is independent from the scenery? I have GSX and it constantly update SODE, so I suppose my SODE is always the last one updated. From what I understand if a scenery use SODE the installer update SODE only if it's older that installed one, is it right?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

GSX doesn't update SODE, it may however tell you when your SODE is outdated and ask you to update it.

Thanks Dave, I supposed wrong.

Riccardo