Sign in to follow this  
paradoxbox

The funnest turboprop twin?

Am I the only one who feels the Flysimware MU-2 is the funnest turboprop twin available in prepar3d?

The aircraft is remarkably dynamic. While not quite the fidelity of the Majestic Dash 8, it's a very different aircraft and mission profile, and it's quite well done. I love how the aircraft behaves on approach or when slow and low - it will bite you if you get stupid, but if you fly it properly, it's sooooo smooooth.

I find myself loading this add-on more than any other, despite having a very large library of add-ons.

The MU-2 is an insane performer - very high lift when you want it, tiny toothpick wings with the flaps up, excellent power with the throttles to the firewall, respectable useful load. What a wonderful aircraft. It's got its opponents out in the real world but when flown by the book like a high performance aircraft it's really hard to find fault with the MU-2, and Flysimware has done a pretty good job with it in p3d. I'd love to see this bird brought to 2020 fidelity 🙂

Edited by paradoxbox
  • Like 1

I've found the MU-2 most enjoyable.  I am currently using it to tour all the towered Orbx freeware airports in North America (there are over 100, as I remember).  The aircraft is perfect for those 300-400 mile trips at 20,000ft. which last only a couple of hours, plus or minus.  Great fun!

Stew

• Like 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

When I joined BCHydro in 1975, their corporate plane was a Mitsubishi MU2. It reminded me of a gnat and was built for small Japanese passengers; we Caucasians became like the Royal Bengal Crouchers, all bent over when we were in it!

Looking at the data for the aircraft it seems to have had a good safety record, only two crashes which were the result of poor pilot training.  1975, of course, was years before our simulators so its flying techniques meant nothing to me.

However it is certainly fun to fly in the simulator although with a tricky start procedure.  I run a Flightsim club in West Vancouver Seniors Centre (pre-COVID) and one of the members is a retired corporate pilot.  He had flown the MU2 at one stage of his career and really liked it. Like James, I find I tend to gravitate to it for flying, it handles so well.

Nigel

Vancouver

ps sorry, font too big

Edited by nigelgrant
  • Like 1

You not alone, the Moo is the funnest TP around, hands down.