Sign in to follow this  
Alex Miles

Blurry Textures

I would have thought that no AM set on the simulator (1111) would improve on the AM=14=1110 whether AS was running or not simply because you get all four cores running the sim. Running AS on AM=12=1100 would usually improve the system.

I imagine the problem you have of blurriness might be caused by another issue.

If in doubt run the sim in stock form if you can, and check that  it performs well.  After that try adding scenery or effects like cloud textures step by step and re check. Perhaps something else in there is a burden to the performance.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

I would have thought that no AM set on the simulator (1111) would improve on the AM=14=1110 whether AS was running or not simply because you get all four cores running the sim. Running AS on AM=12=1100 would usually improve the system.

I imagine the problem you have of blurriness might be caused by another issue.

If in doubt run the sim in stock form if you can, and check that  it performs well.  After that try adding scenery or effects like cloud textures step by step and re check. Perhaps something else in there is a burden to the performance.

Ok, I have the time so do you think it would be worth reinstalling FSX because I didn't use to have that issue however I have played around with a lot of addons so maybe a fresh reinstall might help?

What I have done before to preserve a complicated setup is to rename all the FSX folders first and then install a stock copy for testing. I could introduce certain addons and check those out. Later, by renaming folders back I could run the original setup again if I needed. I didn't bother renaming the Pictures folder.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Well thanks everyone for your help, I went to reinstall FSX and sat there thinking how long it would take to reinstall my addons as well so I went and bought P3D V4.5 which I was going to get anyway and installed everything onto that sim instead, I have just done a flight and the results are amazing, average frames almost reaching 20 with ok setings and UK2000 scenery in the pmdg ngx, very impressed and I'll try not to mess up my sim again. It's probably better because of the 64 bit coding and more modern use of my specs which allowed me to perform better in this sim, once again thanks to all of you.