Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Startup procedure with GSX

Hi.

I have just installed GSX and am trying to work out the correct startup procedure with the Phenom 300. The GSX instructions state that any external connections such as a GPU need to be disconnected before pushback and starting the engines. Clearly you cannot be pushed back dragging the GPU along with you! So I would like to know whether it is possible to start both engines just on battery power? So my thinking is to have the GPU connected while I get everything set up, then disconnect, request push back and then start both engines. If the engines cannot be started on battery power alone, I would need to start both engines with the GPU while still at the gate, and then be pushed back. Would GSX allow me to do this? I realise that a bizjet wouldn't normally be parked at a gate, but anything is possible in flight sim, and I like to be parked up a gate anyway. 😄

Many thanks.

Adrian

Hi Adrian.

You only need to start one engine using battery power. Once started it will provide electrical power through the generator sufficient to start the other engine. See this video from Jesse Flies....

I know that anything is possible in the sim and that shows how we are all different. I always have the Phenom on the ramp somewhere. I am flying it in FSX so cannot help out with the button problems you are experiencing.

Regards...Ken.