Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

2D Panels No Longer Work

For some reason, the 2D Panels (Using Shift + 1, Shift + 2, etc) no longer work.  I updated Aircraft to latest version for P3D v4.4 and higher.  I am on P3D v4.4.  It's been a while since I have flown the Lear, so I don't know what might have happened.  Any assistance, tips, recommendations are appreciated.  Thank you!

~Robert

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

8 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

For some reason, the 2D Panels (Using Shift + 1, Shift + 2, etc) no longer work.  I updated Aircraft to latest version for P3D v4.4 and higher.  I am on P3D v4.4.  It's been a while since I have flown the Lear, so I don't know what might have happened.  Any assistance, tips, recommendations are appreciated.  Thank you!

~Robert

Did this happen right after you updated to Lear v4.3c? If so, if you didn't delete the previous Lear version before updating you might try reinstalling the Lear after deleting the existing version and making sure no files were left over in the Lear's directory after the deletion.

Al

Edited by ark

Actually, yes, it was doing the exact same thing, that's what prompted me to see if there was a newer release.  I will do a clean install tho just to make sure.

Thanks!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I did try a fresh clean install, but no joy yet.  I am having other issues between P3D and FSUIPC.  Not sure if this can be a contributing factor.

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

I did try a fresh clean install, but no joy yet.  I am having other issues between P3D and FSUIPC.  Not sure if this can be a contributing factor.

Thanks!

Make sure you have the correct version of FSUIPC for the sim you are using. Also, in a recent Falcon50 thread (airbrake issue) the problem was a corrupt FSUIPC.ini file. The problem was solved by deleting the ini file and letting FSUIPC build a new one the next time it started.

Al

Edited by ark

28 minutes ago, ark said:

Make sure you have the correct version of FSUIPC for the sim you are using. Also, in a recent Falcon50 thread (airbrake issue) the problem was a corrupt FSUIPC.ini file. The problem was solved by deleting the ini file and letting FSUIPC build a new one the next time it started.

Al

Thanks for your replies.  I basically removed FSUIPC, but the Shift + shortcuts still didn't work; however, I can get to them through the Windows menu bar.

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Thanks for your replies.  I basically removed FSUIPC, but the Shift + shortcuts still didn't work; however, I can get to them through the Windows menu bar.

Sounds like something is capturing the Shift +n keystrokes. If you haven't done you suggest  you try restarting the computer after removing FSUIPC.  Are you using any other add-ons that might be trapping those key combinations? Do these key combinations work with other planes?

Al

Edited by ark

There might be something in the add-ons, but the only thing I've added is a pair of Logitech throttle quadrants a few weeks ago, just the other day I began to use FSUIPC to control it and sidewinder joystick.  Through this process, I found that P3D could handle the task, but now I've removed FSUIPC.  It could've been an update to an add-on, but as far as I know, nothing else uses those key strokes.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

There might be something in the add-ons, but the only thing I've added is a pair of Logitech throttle quadrants a few weeks ago, just the other day I began to use FSUIPC to control it and sidewinder joystick.  Through this process, I found that P3D could handle the task, but now I've removed FSUIPC.  It could've been an update to an add-on, but as far as I know, nothing else uses those key strokes.

Thanks.

Does this problem only happen with the Lear35?

Al

Ahhhh...so it seems to also happen with my A2A Bonanza.  I think this means it either P3D or an add-on for sure.  I've updated Active Sky this morning, so I guess I need to start disabling some add-ons until I find the culprit.

Thanks,

Robert

Solved!  At some point when I was adding my Logitech throttles, I must have inadvertently cleared the Key Assignments for the Panel Windows 1-9.  I added them back and whoomp there they are.  My apologies for the wild goose chase, but I do appreciate very much the suggestions, tips and advice.

Happy Flying!

Robert

30 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Solved!  At some point when I was adding my Logitech throttles, I must have inadvertently cleared the Key Assignments for the Panel Windows 1-9.  I added them back and whoomp there they are.  My apologies for the wild goose chase, but I do appreciate very much the suggestions, tips and advice.

Happy Flying!

Robert

Good to hear you figured it out!  🙂