Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

DD Seattle City X with P3DV5, missing airport buildings

Seattle City X is sold as "compatible with Orbx and P3DV5", but after install, the airport buildings at Renton and Boeing Field have disappeared..

I have posted at the DD forum, but struggling with the Polish/English mix.. and have not yet heard back..

Has anyone gone through this and know of a way forward?

Bert

I also have DD's Seattle Airports which include them all in great detail. It's a must have if you have DD Seattle.

16 minutes ago, Pepsimachine said:

I also have DD's Seattle Airports which include them all in great detail. It's a must have if you have DD Seattle.

I was afraid someone might suggest this.. but I really do not want to buy yet another (and more expensive) scenery pack..

So let me rephrase my question:  Has anyone successfully installed just Seattle City X in V5, combined with Orbx PNW?

Bert

Are you running it with FTX PNW? If so,  how have you set the layering?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 minute ago, Dave_YVR said:

Are you running it with FTX PNW? If so,  how have you set the layering?

Seattle City X above PNW.

Bert

The Seattle City install also offered a demo version of Seattle Airports, unfortunately without a V5 install option.. so I have now installed that demo into v4 and manually copied over the scenery to V5.  It does bring back a version of the missing airports (not as nice as the PNW version.. but at least it has buildings..)  Loading time has gone through the roof though, with V5 sitting at 74% for minutes on end.. so all is not well.  RAM usage is up as well..

Bert

So you technically have the DD basic versions of those airports as well as FTX PNW's version? I'd disable one version or the other and see how it works then. Seeing as the DD versions aren't V5 ready, they'll most likely cause issues with default objects also being duplicated.

17 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I was afraid someone might suggest this.. but I really do not want to buy yet another (and more expensive) scenery pack..

So let me rephrase my question:  Has anyone successfully installed just Seattle City X in V5, combined with Orbx PNW?

I'll be re-installing as soon as V5 HF2 comes out (this week hopefully) and I will be happy to let you know Bert.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'll be re-installing as soon as V5 HF2 comes out (this week hopefully) and I will be happy to let you know Bert.

OK.. lets stay in touch!

• Upvote 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

So you technically have the DD basic versions of those airports as well as FTX PNW's version? I'd disable one version or the other and see how it works then. Seeing as the DD versions aren't V5 ready, they'll most likely cause issues with default objects also being duplicated.

I have now disabled these three airports in PNW.. not sure it changes anything.. but it is probably "as good as it gets" without further direction from DD.. Thus far, they have responded with "Check for duplicate Scenery Config entries".. not sure they ever tested Seattle City without Seattle Airports..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

not sure they ever tested Seattle City without Seattle Airports..

That could very well be it! I'm opposite, I have the Seattle Airports, but not the city.. I highly recommend those airports though!

If you have just Seattle City, the DD airport buildings will be missing and you will see the black shadow base. Highly recommend DD's airports as well. The only thing I think could use some improvement is the dynamic lighting. I have both in v5 and frames are excellent. VRAM usage is certainly usable if you don't go crazy with settings. Lowering cloud rez is good in Enhanced Atmospherics.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

1 hour ago, Coneman said:

If you have just Seattle City, the DD airport buildings will be missing and you will see the black shadow base.

Correct... so not only are the DD airport buildings missing, but the default airport buildings are missing as well.. How do I get them back? 😉

Bert

Reply from DD:

"I'm afraid we've never considered the compatibility with ORBX PNW in the way of using their airports with our city as both products partially cover the same area.

I need to check if we are able to do any changes at the moment."

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert