Sign in to follow this  
Capetonian

Unable to apply bundle purchase coupon (resolved)

@AneinFNQ Thank you for your feedback.

I agree with you the process is not streamlined enough. We're exploring better options but they are still being evaluated for now.

As for the apparently failed process you've experienced, are you using Vista or Win7?

If this is the case, you might want to review this first:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Using Win 10.  I solved the problem by myself.  It seems that I hadn't created a F1 login, but it wasn't clear.  I finally sorted it out.  Honestly, the process is so convoluted and involved I suspect you must be missing out on a lot of sales because people just give up.  Several posts on the thread seemed to indicate that was happening.  Why does every other provider seem to manage it so easily?  Comments made in good faith.

Edited by RXP

I'm glad you've sorted this out and I'm sorry for the purchasing experience not meeting your expectations.

I value your comments and we'll see how we can better the process. Thank you!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 5/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, AneinFNQ said:

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Using Win 10.  I solved the problem by myself.  It seems that I hadn't created a F1 login, but it wasn't clear.  I finally sorted it out.  Honestly, the process is so convoluted and involved I suspect you must be missing out on a lot of sales because people just give up.  Several posts on the thread seemed to indicate that was happening.  Why does every other provider seem to manage it so easily?  Comments made in good faith.

I cannot agree with this comment any more. I am (I think?) about halfway through this purchasing process. The purchase page is - to me - unclear about the process. Chrome does not like your download files because they "can't be downloaded securely"; Firefox worked.  The executables are not signed, or not to Win10's satisfaction, and complains. I assume I need an F1 login as well, whatever that is. Now I wait for that activation link to show up. The process is, frankly, byzantine, and I am left wondering if I should continue.

I'm also not sure how I feel about not having to by full product for MSFSIM after buying X-plane licenses, but that is moot for the time being.

Like @AneinFNQ, this is made in good faith. Please understand I don't wish to be negative. I hope to enjoy the software if I am eventually able to purchase/install.

P.S. I've been waiting now about 20 minutes for F1 activation email, nothing yet. Not your issue, but another roadblock.

@jerrydavis

Hi,

The problem with downloading the e-commerce enabled installer is no different than downloading the Microsoft FS2020 SDK: these browsers are sometimes protecting their users so much, which is very often good, that when this is happening you have a few extra steps to tell the browser it is ok and you're downloading these files intentionally. If Microsoft can't even get their FS2020 SDK passing through on their own browser and OS, you can imagine it won't be easier for us!

As for F1, you need to create a F1 account so that your purchase can be associated to your account and that you can reinstall later easily. Do you mean you're waiting for a confirmation email right after you've created your F1 account?

PS: I'm not sure which flight simulator you're referring to, but just to be clear, the RXP products are compatible with Flight Simulator from FS9 to P3D5, not FS2020:

On 7/25/2021 at 12:28 PM, jerrydavis said:

to by full product for MSFSIM

1 hour ago, RXP said:

@jerrydavis

As for F1, you need to create a F1 account so that your purchase can be associated to your account and that you can reinstall later easily. Do you mean you're waiting for a confirmation email right after you've created your F1 account?

PS: I'm not sure which flight simulator you're referring to, but just to be clear, the RXP products are compatible with Flight Simulator from FS9 to P3D5, not FS2020:

F1 was apparently moving servers yesterday, so they were having email issues.

I was just referring to MS Sim in general.

Thanks for the reply and your PM; working through things now, hope to be up and going soon...

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:35 AM, RXP said:

I'm glad you've sorted this out and I'm sorry for the purchasing experience not meeting your expectations.

I value your comments and we'll see how we can better the process. Thank you!

Any progress on this problem, Jean-Luc?

It seems that your new store frontend is long overdue and the present setup with the Flight1 wrapper is pretty crappy to say in in friendly words....
Their website is dysfunctional for many of the links, so that a user gets lost and will eventually give up, thus generating a LOSS for your sales figures!

Please do something about this asap!

Thank you
Juergen

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

@Scorpio47

I'm investigating about this and will let you know as soon as I sort this out.

THANK YOU!!!

Hope you can find a solution to this frustrating situation.... 😞

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot