Sign in to follow this  
Capetonian

Unable to apply bundle purchase coupon (resolved)

5 hours ago, Mart2020 said:

the core issue of the payment system not connecting with the *cpn files

From my understanding so far, the core issue is you're trying to use a -50% coupon (one of the many included in the archive) for your 1st purchase. However the 1st purchase is using the -30% coupon instead (1 sole coupon).

Please make sure to download and use the correct coupon if this is the case. Our home page from which you're downloading the e-commerce installers is showing 2 buttons for 2 different sets of coupons right around the download button.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

And my my understanding is that you either really don't understand, or you're playing dumb.  I am done dealing with your incompetence and lack of intelligence.  thanks for nothing. 

Dear RXP. Just drop the complicated coupons and mark down the prices from the front and talley it in the cart. Carenado works through the F1 wrapper that way. Bought the TBM for 23 bucks plus tax.

@Mart2020 Please let me recap:

You're requesting help for using the coupons and you're taking as an example a coupon which is specifically offered for a 2nd purchase and will only work if you already have purchased a product. Therefore I'm clarifying there are 2 types of coupons: the -30% coupon is for any GNS or GTN first purchase and the -50% couponS are specific to the 1st and 2nd product combination as they are listed in the 'readme' file included with the -50% coupons archive (.zip).

My understanding is your request is about a .cpn files not 'seen' by the e-commerce wrapper program and I'm answering it might not be seen because it is not the right coupon to use for the 1st purchase.

Please help me understand: did you succeed applying the -30% coupon for your 1st product to get started with?

@Gary1124 There is a newer e-commerce front-end we've not finished evaluating yet and we are terribly late in this process, but it will simplify and automate the whole coupon system.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I successfully bought GTN 750 with coupon but I erred when I bought 530/430 Saturday morning. Wasn't with it yet that early and I played full mistakenly. At least I will get a lot of use of them. Many commercial and freeware addons can use GNS.

I am hoping that Reality-XP can assist.  Today i downloaded the garmin 530 and applied the coupon rxp-athome-2020.cpn which came to $34.97.  I paid for it and it appears to have been installed.

I then within the hour downloaded the garmin 430 and this time I downloaded the 50% discount coupons and when attempting to apply the rxp-add-530-to-430-xplane.cpn, it says "the coupon you selected is not a valid coupon file for this transaction".

The site says that this offer is valid until 31 Jan 2021.

I tried to contact reality-xp directly but has brought me to these forums.

Does anyone know why this is happening or if Reality-XP can respond that would be great.

Thank you.

Just to let you know that I applied the 430-530 coupon and seems to have worked.

Not sure why you would have to apply that couon considering I first purchased the 530.  You would expect to then apply a 530-430 coupon.  Does not make sense but at least that worked.

A tad disappointed that Reality XP did not respond.  But all sorted out now.

Hi

I have just purchased the RXP Garmin 530 and the GTN 750 but when trying to apply the bundle coupon to either the 530 or 750 I get a message that the coupon is expired or invalid, the coupons I am using are the following..

rxp-add-430-to-530-fltsim

and

rxp-add-650-to-750-fltsim

I have even tried the coupons the other way around but that does not work either.

Any and all help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Hodkinson

If no one has jumped in with something easier, why not ask at the purchase source.

Open a ticket at F1, state the problem you are having, as above and they may be able to help.

https://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp

The coupon system has been an issue for a few...don't let it bother you.

Have a good day. 🙂

• Like 1

Hi

Thank you for replying to my issue with the coupons for the RXP units and I have recived a reply to my F1 Support Ticket which has pointed out that although the RXP website shows the expiry date for the coupons as Feb 28 2021 the actual readme in the zip archive states that the coupons are only valid until Dec 28 2020, so they have asked me to contact RXP directly to see what the status is of these coupons.

Thanks again for the reply.

Take care and stay safe.

Jim Hodkinson

Edited by RXP

@hodge001 Thank you for your feedback. These coupons expiration date should have been updated a month ago already, I'll cross check the files because this is not normal.

update: the coupons are now updated and shall be working.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi

These things happen so don’t worry about it, as for the two units they are now installed and I will test them out later today, I suppose some of it is also my fault as well as I did not read all of the instructions to the end where the date is mentioned, but I am just like most folk in not reading manuals or instructions I suppose.

Thank you for the help and for the gauges in the first place.

Take care and stay safe.

Jim Hodkinson

• Like 1

Like many previous posters on this topic, I am baffled by how to purchase this product.  You must be missing out on so many sales! So:  I've successfully downloaded and run the ecommerce installer.  I've gone through the purchase steps up until I get to the Coupon? button.  I see the price listed is not the price being promoted on the website.  It's the undiscounted price. I've successfully downloaded and unzipped the coupon.  When I try to apply the coupon, the ecommerce software asks me for a previous order number.  Huh??? How does that work?  How does a discount get applied after I've purchased the product?

So I've backed out of the purchase, and await your instructions.  Hopefully!

Everyone else in the whole world manages this process seamlessly and effortlessly!

22 minutes ago, AneinFNQ said:

Like many previous posters on this topic, I am baffled by how to purchase this product.  You must be missing out on so many sales! So:  I've successfully downloaded and run the ecommerce installer.  I've gone through the purchase steps up until I get to the Coupon? button.  I see the price listed is not the price being promoted on the website.  It's the undiscounted price. I've successfully downloaded and unzipped the coupon.  When I try to apply the coupon, the ecommerce software asks me for a previous order number.  Huh??? How does that work?  How does a discount get applied after I've purchased the product?

So I've backed out of the purchase, and await your instructions.  Hopefully!

Everyone else in the whole world manages this process seamlessly and effortlessly!

I finally figured it out!  You have to use the 30% discount coupon first THEN the 50% coupon. Duh!  Bit weird, but hey.  So then I went to complete my transaction, filled in all the details for the first item, pressed the "purchase" button. I initially set up for paypal, but it seemed to take forever trying to get the paypal info, so I eventually gave up and set up for a credit card transaction instead. After pressing the "purchase" button, I got some fancy messages "Establishing a secure transaction" or whatever.  Then .... nothing.  The screen went back to the "ready to proceed" state.  What happens if I press proceed again? Do I get charged again?  I waited a while, about 15 minutes, then exited. Dunno if I've been charged or not.  Find out I guess.  What a convoluted business!