Sign in to follow this  
Capetonian

Unable to apply bundle purchase coupon (resolved)

Last night I purchased the GTN750 for X-plane,   I also downloaded the coupon to add the 2nd product (GTN650) to my purchase.   

As of yet I have had no success in adding this product, has anyone else made use of the bundle purchase option?   I keep getting a message that the coupon is not valid. 

TIA for your time. 

Hi,

We you sure you're using the right coupon ( rxp-add-650-to-750-xplane.cpn ) ?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

You have to unzip the file you've downloaded to reveal the embedded .cpn file.

Frankly, it's a pretty user unfriendly, non-intuitive process. I don't really understand why the checkout process doesn't simply discount the list price during the offer period like other online retailers. The purchasing website and fulfilment process contrast with what is otherwise an excellent product.

@flyerdaviduk Hi, we're currently finalizing the transition to a modern e-commerce update and we're hoping having it online in a few days.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 7/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, RXP said:

@flyerdaviduk Hi, we're currently finalizing the transition to a modern e-commerce update and we're hoping having it online in a few days.

Does this mean we can buy/upgrade direct rather than having to go thro F1 - I hope!

(Thinks!! - I wish you could find a way to "partner" Orbyx on the commerce side - or even Just flight).

Edited by RXP

I'm trying as well to purchase and apply the coupon.  It says that a previous purchase is required to apply the coupon?

I didn’t get that far, downloaded the e-commerce installer to take advantage of the discount as a new purchase, got virus check warnings during download. Still tried to run it but was blocked from doing so by the anti-virus software. I might consider attempting a purchase again when there’s a decent store. Just too concerned about what I’m downloading now.

My issue was resolved after I downloaded the coupons again. I think the zip file might have been corrupted when downloaded. 

On 8/1/2020 at 3:25 AM, UKflyerMK said:

I didn’t get that far, downloaded the e-commerce installer to take advantage of the discount as a new purchase, got virus check warnings during download. Still tried to run it but was blocked from doing so by the anti-virus software. I might consider attempting a purchase again when there’s a decent store. Just too concerned about what I’m downloading now.

Please let me know when RXP opens a real online store with direct sales and no troublesome

secret hidden discount codes. Please! No purchases until then.

Hi,

We're late in our plans but we're still planning the release of the newer store front end with much easier way to apply coupons and discounts.

Just keep polling our forums from time to time for any announcement!

• Like 1

Last night, I tried to download the GSN 530W and 430W from "Reality XP" and use the coupons from the Reality XP web page.  Does anyone understand how to download and then select the *cpn files downloaded from that confusing, misleading and backwards website that does not even offer any customer support?  So, here I am on an AVSIM forum for 'PC gamers', asking questions about another website that will not take the responsibility to support its own customers.  Embarrassing! 

I downloaded the *cpn files numerous times today, but when I select "Coupon?", they just won't come up.  Not sure if those coupon are even real, at this point.  I have tried everything, including moving them to different folders on my drive, and still nothing.

Does anyone have the same issue?  This is bizarre...  I have been down a rabbit hole for the last hour downloading and then searching for the same *cpn files, but the e-commerce installer will not even find them / acknowledge them on my PC (?!) and Realit XP has no support to speak of, it just directed me to this support website.  I have never had such a bizarre and confusing experience trying to download a couple of small coupons...  

THANK YOU if you can help in any way.... 🙂 Is there another website, a serious website, that sells this same software?  

Hi,

I understand this might be confusing, many things computer related often are and I'm also sometimes confused with a few things too.

Please note this is the official Reality XP Support Forum and is the public and visible extension of the Reality XP website regarding support. As a matter of fact it is very effective because not only most questions are already answered and only a "search the forum" away, but also any question leading to a solution makes it readily available for future customers facing the same issues in the future.

So back to your question: the downloadable coupon is a archived in a .zip file which you have to unzip (like any other .zip file) in order to individually access its embedded files. Have you made sure you've first extracted (unzipped) the .cpn file embedded in the downloaded .zip file?

Hi there and thank you for your reply!

As a matter of fact, yes, last week I downloaded the .zip folders and unzipped them.  I saw numerous items...  for example: "rpx-add-530-to-430-flightsim.cpn".  Hard to tell if this is the one I need to select, but since I want both the Garmin 530 and 430 models, I assume this would be the one I want?  The website is tied to 'F1' (distributor / reseller?) which - in turn - does not make it easy.   When I am ready to check out from the 'F1' payment dialog box and select "Coupon?", wherever I go and look for any of the "rpx...cpn" unzipped items on my PC, they just will not show up (I placed them in different folders and nothing works). 

Reality XP and F1 do not seem to communicate and allow the transaction to flow to the end and complete with the coupons.  

I tried last week and again this week... same results.  How can I purchase both Garmin 530 and 430 and enjoy the discount, outside of this process? 

Edited by RXP

One of the item you should find as well is another file, readme.txt.

Like the filename is suggestion, you might want to open this file first and read its content, in order to find what this is about.

Hint: since there are 2 promotions, there must be 2 different coupons. Therefore there is one which is solely for the 1st purchase (-30%) and the other for the additional purchase (-50%). The former is unique regardless of the product, the second depends on your first purchase, hence the readme.txt

Ok, thank you for the mechanics on how the coupons work together.  I did read the readme.txt last week.  The file provides a list of the coupons, but this still does not help resolve the core issue of the payment system not connecting with the *cpn files.  Let me - and I suspect others who may be following our exchange on this forum -  know when that issue is resolved.