I think Thrust Master dropped the ball. A more universal series of controls geared towards a wide range of airliners would have been far more attractive.  More flap positions, and other options that makes the control usable on Airbus, Boeing and even turbo props would have been a lot more appealing. 

I enjoy flying my Airbuses just as much as I do my Boeing aircraft so this control doesn't make much sense to me. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

On 8/6/2020 at 11:05 AM, CaribbeanCLANK said:

I think Thrust Master dropped the ball. A more universal series of controls geared towards a wide range of airliners would have been far more attractive.  More flap positions, and other options that makes the control usable on Airbus, Boeing and even turbo props would have been a lot more appealing. 

I enjoy flying my Airbuses just as much as I do my Boeing aircraft so this control doesn't make much sense to me. 

Or maybe they looked at the space and saw a ton of focus is already applied to the Boeing Style and "multi function" and thus saw an opportunity to do an affordable offering for something that does not have any competition....

At this price point there will be plenty of customers that can afford to buy these for specifically flying airbus without breaking the bank.....I know a lot of guys that use a Warthog Throttle....

Also there have been posts about the Flaps apparently being able to remove the Detents....until someone in the "wild" is able to get their hands on it there is only so much information that is available... 

Edited by LesOReilly

Les O'Reilly

On 8/8/2020 at 10:21 AM, LesOReilly said:

Or maybe they looked at the space and saw a ton of focus is already applied to the Boeing Style and "multi function" and thus saw an opportunity to do an affordable offering for something that does not have any competition....

At this price point there will be plenty of customers that can afford to buy these for specifically flying airbus without breaking the bank.....I know a lot of guys that use a Warthog Throttle....

Also there have been posts about the Flaps apparently being able to remove the Detents....until someone in the "wild" is able to get their hands on it there is only so much information that is available... 

I am not saying this is a bad product, and its nice to see Airbus fans getting peripherals specific to the brand at a very good price range.

I personally prefer flight sticks to yokes and this one from the Thrustmaster Airbus series is VERY high on my list. But a more versatile throttle quadrant like the Honeycomb Aeronautical's Brave throttle quadrant would serve my needs better. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Received this email when I asked when the product would again be available in the US for purchase:

"Unfortunately we do not have an exact date".

So who knows what's going on.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The Airbus Joystick is just a redesigned T16.000 Stick from Thrustmaster.

And it will face the same issues, especially the Z-axis potis will start to go crazy after not so much hours of use...

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder