Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

Still no link to HSI after update

Hi there,

I’m afraid to say that even after the update, which I believe established the link between the GPS and the autopilot in V5 HF2, my RealAir Duke (with which I equipped my GNS with Bert’s magnificent help) still won’t fly the GPS routing and I have a red NAV flag on the HSI when GPS is selected. I did have it working in v4 with Bert’s help, but now I’m having to fly the GPS routing manually. I wonder if you could shed any light on this?

Thanks

Edited by rondon9898

2 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

I’m afraid to say that even after the update, which I believe established the link between the GPS and the autopilot in V5 HF2

What settings do you have selected in the Settings Menu?  The settings needed may and indeed to vary from one aircraft model to another, and the settings you make in one aircraft model do not translate to another aircraft model unless you take specific steps to do so.  Here is an image of that screen from the Users Manual.

Also, further down in the Settings you may need to select "Use Simulator GPS Commands"  I both the RealAir Duke V2 and Turbine Duke V2 in FSX and I found I needed to check that setting.
-----------------------
image.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Hi there,

I’m afraid to say that even after the update, which I believe established the link between the GPS and the autopilot in V5 HF2, my RealAir Duke (with which I equipped my GNS with Bert’s magnificent help) still won’t fly the GPS routing and I have a red NAV flag on the HSI when GPS is selected. I did have it working in v4 with Bert’s help, but now I’m having to fly the GPS routing manually. I wonder if you could shed any light on this?

Thanks

Is the NAV/GPS switch set to GPS in the panel?

and.. Are you using the ini file that Bert provided? 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

1 minute ago, rondon9898 said:

It is indeed Bert - and if you mean the RealityXP.GNS ini file, I'm using yours 👍

There is something wrong... not sure what though.

It works perfectly fine on my system.

When you first power up the GPS500 and advance to the test page, do the HSI needles deflect correctly?  Feel free to send me some screenshots via email.. we should be able to make this work..

Bert

OK, the test page works, good!

Now for the navigation settings... your screenshot does not show the NAV/GPS switch.. and the autopilot is not in FD or NAV mode..

Send another screenshot with all that active..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

With F/D and NAV engaged, the aircraft just turns perpendicular to the selected GPS course on the HSI to try and establish on it and just goes straight through the magenta line. NAV flag in the HSI too

Jyykhb.jpg

JyyeTu.jpgJyykhb.jpg%20

Edited by rondon9898

Hi,

The 3D panel is made for a GNS 530 but you're using a GPS 500 instead, which has no CDI selector.

You might want to replace the GPS 500 with the GNS 530 instead? (and you might have found a bug in the GPS 500 too)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

The 3D panel is made for a GNS 530 but you're using a GPS 500 instead, which has no CDI selector.

You might want to replace the GPS 500 with the GNS 530 instead? (and you might have found a bug in the GPS 500 too)

No, that is not it..

Have you updated your GNS530 to the latest version?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

2 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

Yes I updated it yesterday but it wasn’t working before the update either

So, next question.. does the GNS530 work in any other airplanes?

Bert

11 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

I only have it in the Realair Duke, the only other aircraft I have a GPS in is the Flysimware Learjet but I have the GTN in that.

OK, lets take this offline and work it out.. should not be hard to do.. 😉

Edit: sent you something to test..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert