Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

Firth of Forth - Scotland

Marvellous shot, OnD

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

A vibrant and lovely picture of the Firth of Forth...!! Also, like this Saab 340 livery (including its beautiful tail design - the famous Tartan pattern...!)...

BTW, for the last couple of months or so, I've been myself snooping around, on-off, on Orbx's (FSX/SE) Scotland, and I'd inspected the Firth of Forth area quite extensively on my scenery...All of Scotland, anyway, is full of "Firths" and "Bridges", I'd learned....

Now, your 1 shot usually out-matches my 20...🙂...Still, with your (advance) permission, may I supplement, here, just three of my images, collected a short while ago...that I'd posted under the Title "Bridges of Scotland" or something similar...kindly take a look at it, if you have time (no need to comment or react), but you will probably catch one or two things there, I might have said incorrectly...(I do recall that you have your roots in Scotland...🙂...)

BTW, I see "two" bridges next, ahead, from the (red) "Cantilever Railway Bridge"...those two (white ones) are, I guess/read, the "Old" and "New" "Forth Road" Bridges...(please see the first of the two, in one of my shots below)...

u9v9BB.png

3AzzUR.png

XuTWh0.png

A super sharp 185 - Carenado's?  As a child in Scotland, there was only the rail bridge - now 130 years since opening.  During the war, many trips back and forth as I was ferried to relatives in Fifeshire.  When I saw the first road bridge, years later, it just didn't look right - part of the Scotland I remembered had changed and now there's another. 

• Like 2

Yes, you guessed right...it's by Carenado...(this plane is one of my favorites)...! The Alaskan "Call of the Wild" flying over this Scottish bridge seems out-of-place, but, it's just that a big "Jack London" fan here...🙂...

And, sure, I can understand, when such a historic landmark, to which one is used to, for so long, changes its vicinity, it does not look right...!

Your remarks made me curious, btw:

Yes, the Rail Bridge opened 130 years ago (1890).
The First Road Bridge was opened in 1964.
The New Road Bridge (the farther one on your picture), I learned, is called the "Queensferry Crossing", was opened just 3 years ago, in 2017.

I like bridges...🙂...

Please note that, on my screenshot, I think, I don't see the new "Queensferry Crossing"...maybe my scenery is a bit outdated...(but, I need to check further...)...

Thanks...!!