Sign in to follow this  
IUBrian

X52 Programmed Buttons Have Stopped Working

Have X52 Pro Joystick/Throttle, have used the programming software since FSX. Was using it without problems in Prepar3d V5. Have a few joystick buttons programmed directly for actions in EZCA, the remaining buttons are programmed using the joystick software to perform keystrokes. Have FSUIPC installed, only joystick function through it is the slider for the spoilers. Was working fine, installed FS2Crew and RAAS this morning, now buttons programmed as keystrokes no longer work. Buttons programmed directly into EZCA work, for example trigger = next view, throttle works, hat to pan, but specific button presses programmed for key presses no longer work, for example this button = “u” no longer in Prepar3d, but the press is recognized by the software, I’ve uninstalled client, deleted cfg., rerun EZCA, all to no avail. The only substantive change I made was installing the Prepared v5 version of fs2crew and RAAS. (Btw NOT blaming the excellent FS2Crew, just trying to put as much info out as possible)....HELP.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Don't really have an answer for you, can't imagine the two  added programs you mentioned would possibly do anything to controller profiles. I can say from experience  that P3D can and does drop individual (and/or) all controls in a profile from time to time. Could all be coincidence and something is afoul with X52 (you tried it in other programs? I know you mentioned in the software, I assume you were talking about X52 software) If I remember correctly, deleting P3D config, will do nothing to your control profile.

I had the X52, then X56 through the years and it was always a bear keeping drivers going.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I appreciate it, as I slept on it I thought it might be a driver issue, and I remembered that I did have a windows feature update since the last time I used it without issues. Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software and it appears to be working fine again. 

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

My x52 went on the blink last week, and my computer wouldnt boot following that.On one of the intermittent boots that did work I noticed that windows wanted to update to 2004. Maybe just a coincidence, but after the update all is well again. 

Edited by rickgo

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors