Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

OnAir company manager

They've been down most of the time since Saturday AM. Bit of a shame since it's a great system - think they have been completely overwhelmed because FSE isn't taking new subscribers. 

Hopefully it will be back up and running soon...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 9/13/2020 at 3:09 AM, Swe_Richard said:

However, I feel there's one caveat as of now with OnAir and that is their servers.

They were not expecting to have this type of success, they just need time to scale the resources.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Yeah, they seem to be somewhat sorted as I could do an almost all-nighter with no issues. This is a good app; totally blows FSE out of the water imho. I will be getting the 2y sub for sure.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Hmmm.. is anyone using Majestic Q400 in OnAir? I'm having a hard time getting the flight completed after shut down?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

The subscription really turns me off from this one; not even that interested in the free trial because of it.  One-time payment I can likely get behind.

Been using FSE since its inception (2005?) and I’m a bit tired of its limited scope.  Or at least what seems to be repetitive now; I’ve been around to “see everything” unless there’s a large overhaul.  But the game mechanics can change at the drop of a hat from the Directors there; and as a result of some sudden changes over the years, some aspects I’ve enjoyed (and worked hard at) evaporated.  I’m finding myself phasing out of it.  Shame.

I own AH2 but don’t play it more than “very occasionally.”  To me, the UI is just so clunky, slow, and frustrating.  I waste more time trying to figure out what’s wrong with it, what pilot/plane/commodity is stuck, what am I doing wrong, or simply navigating to what I want to do.  Even just starting a flight is cumbersome to me; that is one element I like about FSE, I can simply click “fly” and go regardless of setting the clock without fear of breaking something, selecting a specific gate, being late or early on the schedule, worrying how AI pilots will break, waiting for passengers, etc.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM