Sign in to follow this  
RickY

Second Monitor?

When I save a flight, whatever I had on the second monitor (like an undocked radio stack etc.) will show up when I reload the flight.However, the position and size of the undocked items is wrong.They overlap each other in the upper left corner of the second monitor. I have to manually move and resize each one.In MSFS9 everything was saved/reloaded correctly on the second monitor.Any ideas how I can fix this in MSFSX?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

This doesn't help u but I cannot save a flt in spot mode it always comes back with cockpit - FS9 no probs.Sry no help.

Just a guess, but are you running FSX at the same resolution as your desktop default? Windows tend to get moved around when changing resolutions.Matt

Guest eagle201

I've noticed the same thing. I have three monitors all at the same resolution and the panels appear on the other montiors and I have to move and re-size them every time, no matter how I save the flight in Windowed mode or Full screen. Never had that problem with FS9 or FS2002. I think there are a lot of problems with the current release of FSX. After flying with the default 737 (FSX) from KLAS-KLAX, my computer shut down soon after landing. Never have that happen with FS9 after several hundered flights with addons...J. Sample

Thanks for the replies.I tried two tests. Saving the flights after each test then reloading the (shutdown MSFSX first)the flight to check the second monitor.Test one:Desktop (right clicking on the desktop)monitor one 1280x1024 32bitmonitor two 1280x1024 32 bit.MSFSX monitor setup screen menumonitor one 1280x1024 32bitmonitor two 1280x1024 32 bit.Test two:Desktop (right clicking on the desktop)monitor one 1280x1024 32bitmonitor two 1024x768 32 bit.MSFSX monitor setup screen menumonitor one 1280x1024 32bitmonitor two 1024x768 32 bit.In both cases the second monitor pushes both of my undocked items into the upper left hand corner of the screen. Darn!

Best Regards,

Bummer, was hoping for some additional multi-monitor support in this release, but it sounds like we're regressing a tad in that dept.Regards, Kendall

Regards, Kendall

Some good and some bad about new multi-mon support. At least we can now drag panels to 2nd monitor in full screen mode (something that you couldn't do with FS2004 but could do with FS2002). But now full screen mode blanks the 2nd monitor and reserves it for FSX. So no more web browsing, viewing maps or running 3rd party applications at the same time as FSX.So it looks like another 3 years of using windowed mode. To bad because it worked perfect in FS2002.

But now full screen mode blanks the 2nd monitor and>reserves it for FSX. So no more web browsing, viewing maps or>running 3rd party applications at the same time as FSX.I have an older networked computer along with a KVM for those purposes. ;-)Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

I like multy and bought a router etc to make it work for FS9 - some addons did some did'nt.Now Have found its to much trouble and too many CTD's when I try, why is FSX going backwards.x( Could it be my SLI:-(

Vaughan, when I ran into this problem, I decided to try copying similar panel entries from the equivalent FS9 .FLT file(s) over to the FSX .FLT file, being careful to keep the panel entry sequence correct (I use Notepad to edit these). It took some trial and error but I found this to be the only way to get a previously saved window to locate where I wanted it to on either the main monitor in Window mode or on the second monitor. If you compare the FS9 .FLT file panel entries to similar entries from an FSX .FLT file, you can detect where FSX is different and CAREFULLY edit the file accordingly. As far as I know so far, the panel entries for FS9 and FSX .FLT files are the same format.Regards,Rick

Rick,I checked my FS9 flight (FLT) in notepad.I found the two panels that I moved to the second monitor.They both had "undocked=true" statements.Couple lines above gave the coordinates.I think this is what you say to copy over to the FSX FLT file.Looks like you would have to do it for each saved flight?If so, too much editing?If screen resolutions are ever changed ... edit again?

Best Regards,

Yep, could be a lot of editing, depending on how many saved flights are involved. I have one particular custom panel window that I use regularly in many aircraft, and I like to have it conveniently pop into the correct place when I re-load a flight. I make this edit for each new saved flight after I save it so it's done and minimizes any catch-up required.I have also found that, if I re-load a flight with this window re-located by editing, display it at least once, then close it and save a new flight file after going to a new airport, it remembers its location on the monitor and editing of this new .FLT file is not needed. If I change aircraft, all window location info is lost, of course. I have not had much success with re-loading flights that have been saved with windows undocked and visible -- they often end up much as you describe in your first post.Rick