Sign in to follow this  
TASCHMANN

MSFS EULA AGREEMENT AVAILABLE?

For a big company, which is making a product which installs on devices all over the globe and may have to access things to patch stuff, the EULA is something which has to tick all boxes and cover their @ss.

This is why EULAs go into such minutia, it's just a sensible belt and braces approach to avoid a million law suits. Being paranoid about this is the same as when people get their knickers in a twist over ID cards and such; yeah they take some details, but assuming you aren't planning some kind of nefarious attack or robbery, there's no real need to be concerned about that either.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

For a big company, which is making a product which installs on devices all over the globe and may have to access things to patch stuff, the EULA is something which has to tick all boxes and cover their @ss.

This is why EULAs go into such minutia, it's just a sensible belt and braces approach to avoid a million law suits. Being paranoid about this is the same as when people get their knickers in a twist over ID cards and such; yeah they take some details, but assuming you aren't planning some kind of nefarious attack or robbery, there's no real need to be concerned about that either.

Yeah, they say that to trick you with that. Why is it necessary to take my personal data and sell it to companies? This has nothing to do with attacks or stuff like that. Don't forget, when they know about your computer usage they know, how you feel, how you think, what you like, what you dislike, your deepst thoughts you write or google..., I don't know men, that sounds to me like gaining control instead of preventing some idiots doing bad stuff.

Even it might have the effect of stopping stupid people of doing stupid stuff, it's not justified to give up the priviliage of privicy at all cost.

Edited by 737_800

Well, yes people can sell data, but to be perfectly honest that happens anyway when you flirt around the intertron.

Do you get ads up at the top of Avsim which relate to stuff you're into? I do. Sometimes they're actually of interest to me and I look at them, but in spite of the clever psychology in a lot of ads, they are not Ipcress, I can choose to go 'nah, not interested' if I like. Just like when someone claiming to be a Nigerian Prince emails me wanting to borrow my bank details in exchange for allowing me to share in the spoils of some Diamond mine or whatever.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You're are talking about cookies, this is just the tip of the mountain. They don't just recommend you stuff, just look at gmail, they read even your mails. Everyone has different standpoint on that, but if an organisation spy's me, at a level, that would be considered illegal if they would read my physical mails, then no thanks.

Sorry for opening this thread after such a "long" time, but is there any way to read the EULA after clicking away(what else would you do?) the prompt during the installation?

Is it saved in some hidden path or something? I searched for it but couldn't find it. I'm not really interested in reading through it myself but I need to have a look at it for some other reason.

Just buy the 737 

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel