Sign in to follow this  
jgrant66

Falcon 50 V1.8c - Elevator trim

Just installed version 1.8C. On previous versions when setting T/O trim on the yoke, a tool tip appeared showing the setting. I do not see that tool tip on this new version. Makes taking off rather difficult. Also in the operator's manual I see reference to a panel "trim needle" and in an earlier related post "proper setting should be in the green on the trim needle". I am not seeing a trim needle. The stabilizer gauge located with the aileron and rudder trim indicators on the panel shows no movement when I press the trim buttons on the yoke.

Any help is appreciated.

JayGee

Update - understand how stabilizer needle works. Just would like to also see yoke tool tip for trim adjusting.

Edited by jgrant66
Update - understand how stabilizer needle works

30 minutes ago, jgrant66 said:

Just installed version 1.8C

Hi JayGee,

The current version of the Falcon50 is 2.0b. Suggest you download and update to that value.The stab trim tool tip works for me.

Also, what sim are you using?

Al

Thanks, Ark for the newer version reference. My purchase was made at simmarket.com. I am using P3DV4.5. Planned on installing 2.0b so I uninstalled V1.8C. When trying to install 2.0b got error message saying "unable to open request" and installation stopped. Went back and was able to reinstall 1.8C with no problem.

Any thoughts?

JayGee

6 hours ago, jgrant66 said:

Thanks, Ark for the newer version reference. My purchase was made at simmarket.com. I am using P3DV4.5. Planned on installing 2.0b so I uninstalled V1.8C. When trying to install 2.0b got error message saying "unable to open request" and installation stopped. Went back and was able to reinstall 1.8C with no problem.

Any thoughts?

JayGee

Was there any kind of error code displayed when the install stopped? It may also be helpful if you could post a screen shot here when the error happens. Regardless, the problem sounds like it is related to some kind of internet communication issue. The new installer the Falcon ver 2.0b uses normally has to communicate with the FSW server during the install. One thing you can try is to make sure antivirus is off, no firewall blocking,etc. Or, disconnect from the internet before running the installer. The installer will detect there is no internet connection and provide instructions on how to proceed with the install in that situation.

Al

Edited by ark