Sign in to follow this  
CarstenLP

Coming back to flight sims

Hi fellow pilots,

My name is Carsten, I'm a DIY'er at heart and I like to build things. I've been away from flight sims the past eight or nine years. My last sim was X-plane 10 on a 2009 iMac and at the time my wife and our daughter where still in our old apartment. I used to have a Saitek Yoke and I built a small cockpit from wood to put on my desk around the yoke. In 2010 we had a boy and spare time was limited so I didn't use the cockpit much after that. I can't remember if I sold the yoke or it broke but I ended up ditching the cockpit altogether.

Anyway fast forward to today. We now have a house which is from 1974 so it needs some attention, our children are now 13 and 10, we have a cat and two rabbits (not the most optimal combination of species but the rabbits are safe I promise), but more importantly I have a shed which I'm slowly converting into a workshop. I'm a sucker for tools and wood in particular. The iMac has died and I now have a pretty beefy PC.

Watching MS Flight Simulator 2020 has sparked the interest once again so I'm going to build some stuff in order to fly starting with a yoke. I'll create posts in the hardware section with the various projects as they come along. I do have a fulltime job too so things will take some time.

Cheers and have a great day!

• Like 2

Welcome to the AVSIM forums, Carsten! 😁  Also a fellow woodworker with all portable power tools in my basement garage.

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Welcome to Avsim and welcome back to the world of flight sims.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Welcome to Avsim. 🙂

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here