Sign in to follow this  
Cavemanhead

Request for KHSV (Huntsville, AL)

I would love to see a flight in a 170 or 152 taking off from KHSV going south and immediately turning east for a few miles, then turn north and fly up Memorial Parkway (Hwy 231) before a right turn east again out on I565 for about 7 miles to Moontown 3M5, landing on the grass strip, then take off fly back west to Hsv, then straight west on University Drive (US Hwy 72), then all the way out to Madison and hang a left going south back to KHSV for landing.  Should be about a 45 minute flight.

PLEASE???

Why dont you try by yourself next week?

• Like 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

2 hours ago, Cavemanhead said:

I would love to see a flight in a 170 or 152 taking off from KHSV going south and immediately turning east for a few miles, then turn north and fly up Memorial Parkway (Hwy 231) before a right turn east again out on I565 for about 7 miles to Moontown 3M5, landing on the grass strip, then take off fly back west to Hsv, then straight west on University Drive (US Hwy 72), then all the way out to Madison and hang a left going south back to KHSV for landing.  Should be about a 45 minute flight.

PLEASE???

Huntsville is a photogrammetry area. Just open the Maps app in Windows 10, it will show you the 3D model. The sim will look mostly the same.

• Like 1

These last few days are torture... I dont blame him. 

Edited by Wewk584

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

I guess a lot of adult men here lose all the nerves in the last days...

• Like 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

For various reasons, I won't be able to fly FS2020 for a few mos, but would still love to see how it looks.  I was very surprised (and happy) to hear that Huntsville is a photogrammetry area.  How does one determine what areas are/are not PG areas?

I don't think I've ever done your flight plan but its suspiciously close to a flight Ive always enjoyed and that is to start at Guntersville 8A1 and head north over the lake and then follow the river through the mountains to Chattanooga landing at a little airport called Dallas.

Hopefully you'll be able to do your flight soon enough.

P.S.: can't believe Huntsville is photogrammetry but not not Dallas TX.  there must be plans for that area.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I wish my little town had photogrammetry. Its to small, the satellites missed us lol

Edited by Lotharen