Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Yoke Pre-order questions

On 12/2/2022 at 2:21 AM, tutmeister said:

I realise this is super frustrating for everyone who is waiting. I can only apologise again. I feel terrible but I'm frustrated but I have still had no response despite chasing again today. I will be pushing again and try to get an update from them for tomorrow. If I have to take a van and drive up to collect the parts as soon as they come out of the paint shop then I will! We are doing everything we can to get the next batch ready and out asap. This includes the replacment yokes as well as new orders.

It's a new week. Any news?

On 12/2/2022 at 2:21 AM, tutmeister said:

I realise this is super frustrating for everyone who is waiting. I can only apologise again. I feel terrible but I'm frustrated but I have still had no response despite chasing again today. I will be pushing again and try to get an update from them for tomorrow. If I have to take a van and drive up to collect the parts as soon as they come out of the paint shop then I will! We are doing everything we can to get the next batch ready and out asap. This includes the replacment yokes as well as new orders.

I got your last email last week. Are there any further updates?

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2022 at 3:55 PM, Miningkkm1120 said:

I got your last email last week. Are there any further updates?

Joining the question, I'm losing hope I'll have yoke on my desk this xmas.

I waited a really long time. I've been playing Flight Simulator only with a mouse for months. I can't wait any longer, and I'd like to request a refund if I don't hear from you within this week.I got your last email last week. Are there any further updates? It's a pity that I spent time in vain for 3 months. I also sent an e-mail contact, but there was no response, so I am sending it here. Im really sorry sir.

On 12/19/2022 at 4:43 PM, Miningkkm1120 said:

I waited a really long time. I've been playing Flight Simulator only with a mouse for months. I can't wait any longer, and I'd like to request a refund if I don't hear from you within this week.I got your last email last week. Are there any further updates? It's a pity that I spent time in vain for 3 months. I also sent an e-mail contact, but there was no response, so I am sending it here. Im really sorry sir.

I will check our emails, sorry it has been missed however i know it will be on its way in the next day or two.

Chris

40 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

I will check our emails, sorry it has been missed however i know it will be on its way in the next day or two.

Chris

I will wait for your reply as soon as possible. thanks

Deeply Disappointed with Fulcrum Simulator Controls!
( I read this before somewhere....?)

The Fulcrum Yoke is now shipping!
I read today on Fulcrum's website .... but I see no real actual date set anywhere?
The yokes finally were to be shipping last week December 12th 2022.
Today December 22th I still not have received a personal email I was supposed to receive when shipping the Yoke.
I do not get any email response from Fulcrum to my polite requests for delivery date or dispatch planning date.
I do believe that Fulcrum Simulator Controls, i.e. Chris Tutthill has severe problems in the supply chain.
I do believe that Chris is doing his utmost to get the Yokes out to customers.
However, I cannot understand that it is so difficult to make a dispatch planning. Total amount yokes ordered. 
Total number of yokes ready for assembly. Total number of staff working on assembly and dispatch. Toal hours needed per staffmember per yoke to get ready for dispatch.
I do not understand why it is not possible to properly communicate with us customers on delivery times, dates.

However, Fulcrum finds lots of time to market and communicate the newly to pre-order Throttle Quadrant which will be shipping february 2023. How true is that?

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 1:47 AM, tutmeister said:

Chris

Today is the next day and the day after two days. Are there any further updates? did you read my email? Still waiting for an answer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, juggler1 said:

Deeply Disappointed with Fulcrum Simulator Controls!
( I read this before somewhere....?)

The Fulcrum Yoke is now shipping!
I read today on Fulcrum's website .... but I see no real actual date set anywhere?
The yokes finally were to be shipping last week December 12th 2022.
Today December 22th I still not have received a personal email I was supposed to receive when shipping the Yoke.
I do not get any email response from Fulcrum to my polite requests for delivery date or dispatch planning date.
I do believe that Fulcrum Simulator Controls, i.e. Chris Tutthill has severe problems in the supply chain.
I do believe that Chris is doing his utmost to get the Yokes out to customers.
However, I cannot understand that it is so difficult to make a dispatch planning. Total amount yokes ordered. 
Total number of yokes ready for assembly. Total number of staff working on assembly and dispatch. Toal hours needed per staffmember per yoke to get ready for dispatch.
I do not understand why it is not possible to properly communicate with us customers on delivery times, dates.

However, Fulcrum finds lots of time to market and communicate the newly to pre-order Throttle Quadrant which will be shipping february 2023. How true is that?

I really wanted to order the yoke and throttle but the shambles of communication more than supply has meant that I won't. We all understand supply chain issues but the complete lack of timely comms to customers who have paid over money is inexcusable. I feel sorry for everyone who has placed an order and is not getting any information on the issues of supply. 

There but for the grace of God.....

• Upvote 1

Fulcrum One Yoke review, December 2022

Despite the quality of the Fulcrum One Yoke, there is a long history of delivery delays at Fulcrum's since the beginning. Even so on the lack of timely communications by Fulcrum.

Ofcourse, there are very positive reviews and even a platinum PC Magazine award, but what about all those silent waiting customers kept in the dark?
What about the quality of service?

Understandably due to supply chain issues caused by Covid, China, Ukrain, etc., etc.... we know by now!
But how about lessons learned?

No doubt the Fulcrum One Yoke is technically a top range simulation product. 
But is it fair to have customers pre-order the Fulcrum yoke by promising shipping dates are expected soon, while in reality customers will have to wait for months not knowing when to expect to receive the product. This is not just an incident, it happens all the time.
There is no delivery commitment, nor a planning schedule published.
Fulcrum Simulator Controls do not leave their customers any choice upfront.
Making a purchase decision based on three facts, Product quality, Price and Delivery time agreed upon.
Even such as a pre-order, whereas you have the option to pay upon Confirmation of Acceptance for the supply of goods and services, does not give you the free choice of buying somewhere else.
I can imagine one feels held hostage by Fulcrum, for every time again promises are made that dispatch will start soon. Before you know you're waiting several months, spending lots of precious time to try and find out whenever your beloved Yoke will finally arrive.  And still no sign from Tutmeister other than evasive replies on social media platforms. Hardly ever will there be a written commitment via email confirmation. 
Yes, only upon ordering or pre-ordering the product, the customer immediately receives a compelling confirmation that the order is being processed.
Is the endless wait for the product to be finally delivered worthwhile?
Should one decide to pay extra for an equally good product, or perhaps do with a lesser and cheaper product?
Not being able to flightsim for more than several months, left in uncertainty and kept in the dark. How much money worth is this?
What happened to Chris's vision on marketing a flightsim yoke for the real flightsim enthousiast? A quality product and great support service for a not very cheap, but reasonable price?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Miningkkm1120 said:

Today is the next day and the day after two days. Are there any further updates? did you read my email? Still waiting for an answer.

I will update you when I am in the office with a shipping number tomorrow.

2 hours ago, juggler1 said:

What happened to Chris's vision on marketing a flightsim yoke for the real flightsim enthousiast? A quality product and great support service for a not very cheap, but reasonable price?

My vision is still there, sadly the reality is that trying to deliver a yoke of this quality is extremely hard at this price point. If you look at the raw material costs and manufacturing costs there is very little margin. We are working extremely hard and very long hours to try and get them out as quickly as possible. We are shipping now and so everyone who has been waiting will start to see their yokes arriving.

The flaw, I suppose in our model, is not having large investments up front and ordering large quantities of parts from China like other manufacturers do. This sadly means we are cash flow limited and at the mercy of suppliers and manufacturers. My aim to is grow and increase our order quantities which will allow us to unlock savings and faster turn around times where I do not have underutilised staff while we wait for parts. This is taking longer than envisaged but with new investment I think we are starting to make some headway.

Things have got out of hand recently with delays causing further delays. The plan was to have them available as off the shelf items. We are working right through the Christmas period with the exception of Christmas day/boxing day and new year's day, however, I will be in every day except Christmas making sure everything is in place to get them out as quickly as possible.

I fully appreciate the long wait by some customers and I can only thank them for their patience. It has genuinely helped us stay afloat, without which we would not be able to finally get yokes out and grow with new products.

Ultimately it is my fault as it is my company, and all I can do is try harder. There are a lot of compounding reasons which we have addressed and will be doing everything we can to avoid in the future.

Thank you for your interest, support, custom and criticism. It is all read and valid. I agree with it all.

Chris 

Edited by tutmeister
  • Like 2