Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Iraqis vote in record number

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is serous stuff,Those people are very brave and determined.They have paid a terrible price so far with so many of them killed.They have never know Democracy,since time began there ,so long ago.So easy to play politics here. Theres is no real danger in that, we are safe.But change places with one of those people, and feel the terror,for not only your self,but your family as they are the primary target.I hope our country, and others,put aside the not so petty hurt they inflect on ourselves.Those boys over there are doing their job.And they to are paying a price. They are not complaining. If this works,and I hope it does,history will not record the skeptics,and the negative politics displayed in DC.It will only give credit to an equally brave commender in chief. Mr. Lincoln had these problems also.Tough job. Today,Saddam, is on trail,Yugoslavia is better off,Afghanistan also hanging tough,Pakistan,and India are holding off Egypt is moving also.The others are now getting concerned.Thats the last thing they want,a democracy,among est them,The Iraqis have a way to go,just like any new democracy,at first, and like we did,they will do it also. Of course many here have different opinions.But until their thoughts can be amplified by politicians who will represent them,I hope they support their country in time of war. No team can win if the players don't listen to the coach!And yet this is no game.There could be no next season. This is a non-aviation subject.And maby it don't belong here.I honestly don't think it does.My opinion. I'm just as guilty for answering it,however.Never did run from anything. My Dad, bless him,always told me never argue politics,or religion with strangers,or your best friends.I better start remembering that! Hey,that "Peace on Earth stuff",gotta give it a break.Lets see what happens.I wish them all well! "MERRY CHRISTMAS" VIN

And barely a mention in most of the press.Only thing I could find on newspaper websites for this country was a short (2 paragraphs) semi-negative item about polling stations running out of ballot forms.Most papers (nor teletext) don't mention the elections at all.But then it's no negative thing so it's not newsworthy I guess.

Yes, it was not to negative...YET! Give them time. You say this a lot,the omission of all the news,or only the slants that don't put some countries in a good light.You experience this daily. I never realized that until I had been in Europe a short time ago.Years ago,when I was there,this did not seem to be as prevalent as now. Strange, I'm old enough to remember when at the risk of instant execution,many, in your part of the world had secret "Wireless Radios" Hidden,and carefully listened to by the brave. The news then was imperative to know.A virtual window towards freedom,a beacon of hope,and information on how the war was going.And what your fate may be that day. Today we of course have instant methods to do this.But no more, the need to know the truth.However the Arab network,on all over,over there, does show terrorists holding hostages.The make it interesting with an occasional be-heading.The results of car bombings,are very popular,and in living color!So are the recrument of the young to do that. Dead Americans are always big news. Hey! Dog bites man,no news, but man bites dog well thats news. I really appreciate you telling us this.its says a lot,jwenting,.Sadly. "MERRY CHRISTMAS" VIN

Blessed Christmas to you too.Not everyone has forgotten, and many still know the truth.But we're prevented from voicing our opinion (just as some groups are trying to do in the US) and bringing out the truth by the extreme left who are sadly in total control here.I fear the instant executions and disappearances won't be too long now, there's little enough stopping them from being implemented by an unelected European Council who have total authority over pretty much anything they want to.

If you read "Manufacturing Consent- The political economy of the mass media" by Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky, you will come to understand how the Berlin Wall falling got so much more AT&T.Merry Christmas and a Survivable "New Year"FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.