Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Installing from Steam - User Reports?

3 hours ago, Jeff_Fortuna said:

Note for Insider Preview build users: I mentioned this in another thread about issues with the MS Store and I will also mention it here in case it helps someone with an Insider Preview build. The installer from the MS Store WILL NOT WORK. To date there is no fix. 

Thankfully, I switched to the Steam version before release after I noticed that MS Store users ran into trouble with the Insider Preview build a few hours ago. The Steam version has installed perfectly so far - just waiting for the download to finish. 

Bottom line... For my scenario, Steam works, MS Store fails. Doesn't surprise me, really. 

Incorrect i have not removed the insider build yet, when i started the full install i pointed it to my D drive with the folders for MSFS that was installed when i purchased from MS store and installed, 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Incorrect i have not removed the insider build yet, when i started the full install i pointed it to my D drive with the folders for MSFS that was installed when i purchased from MS store and installed, 

Beta ring or developer ring? What build are you on? I'm using 200807-1609. The bug in the MS Store installer was clearly noted on the MSFS forum for those in the developer ring and on Reddit...

If your install worked, that is interesting. At the time this was mentioned last night, a LOT of users had this problem and no one found a solution nor did anyone post anything about getting it to install if they were on the developer ring. 

Doesn't matter to me - I'm happily using the Steam version. All is working well... But for others, at present, I would still recommend not using the MS Store if they are on the developer ring.