Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Installing from Steam - User Reports?

Once install is finalized, if someone could report on the location of the 100GB's of main game files, I'd appreciate it.
(Are they all in Steam\steamapps\Common, or did they get dropped into another directory and only the launcher files are in steamapps?)

Believe it or not, understanding how this is set up is a factor in my decision to use the MS Store vs. Steam.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

It wants to install packages on my C drive.. but I want to install on a different drive. Does it need a specific file path?

I just created a folder on my desired drive called MSFS and selected that.  It's installing now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just now, regis9 said:

I just created a folder on my desired drive called MSFS and selected that.  It's installing now.

Great minds think alike 🤣 I did the exact same. Hope it doesnt cause any problems.

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

When installing from Steam, do you have to/are asked to download any of the additional xbox app stuff?

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

When installing from Steam, do you have to/are asked to download any of the additional xbox app stuff?

So far we just had to sign in before downloading.

• Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

3 minutes ago, greggerm said:

Once install is finalized, if someone could report on the location of the 100GB's of main game files, I'd appreciate it.
(Are they all in Steam\steamapps\Common, or did they get dropped into another directory and only the launcher files are in steamapps?)

Believe it or not, understanding how this is set up is a factor in my decision to use the MS Store vs. Steam.

Functions the same as the MS store, you'll download the core first, it will then give you the option to install the main content where ever you wish.

• Upvote 1

After getting a few ".exe executable file not found" error.
Finally, got "press any key to start"

Now struck at the opening screen.
I hope that the game is being downloaded.

I am in Hong Kong.

kklee6

12700K@5.1Ghz, ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4, Noctua NH-U12S, G.SKILL 32GB Kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600MHz, SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD 1TB, Gigabyte RTX 1080 Ti, Cooler Master V750 Gold 750W PSU, Win10 Pro, Dell 24" 2408WFP 1920x1200 30 frames vSync to 60Hz, Fulcrum One Yoke,  MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedal, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Multi Panel, DIY Cessna 172 Radio stack (via Arduino/MobiFlight), Air manager V4 on 10" 1920x1080 monitor

I thought I might be stuck on that screen, It definitely took a few seconds to respond. Trying hitting spacebar or enter. 

if you are having the .exe issue. uninstall and reinstall. Problem fixed.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Mine is now stuck on a flash screen (with a TBM) and a progress bar that has been sitting at around 20% now for 15 minutes. No network activity from what I can see. Seeing all Steam provided was the installer, I call this a fail.

1 minute ago, gunther said:

Mine is now stuck on a flash screen (with a TBM) and a progress bar that has been sitting at around 20% now for 15 minutes. No network activity from what I can see. Seeing all Steam provided was the installer, I call this a fail.

Have you not got as far as choosing the install path for the core of the game? Try uninstalling or verifying the files and start it up again. 

1 minute ago, gunther said:

I had to kill that screen with task manager, restart the pc, and resume the game.  It moves into the next phase which seems to pick a directory, and download/unpack the game.  At 4.9 gig right now.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I called my Folder "Microsoft Flight Simulator, that won't cause problems will it?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I'm at 9GB. I wonder what happens if I pause it an hour from now, shutdown my PC for bed, then continue in the morning...

1 minute ago, PilotPete99 said:

I called my Folder "Microsoft Flight Simulator, that won't cause problems will it?

Cheers, Pete

I called mine MSFS. We are all in this journey together apparently lol