Sign in to follow this  

I have the empty profile as well.  My install and Rolling Cache are on the D drive.  I spent 2 hours creating a new profile and programming some of the basic functions so that I could get off the ground.  Just couldn't wait any longer.  My current issue is that I use a Mac keyboard on my pc(just personal preference) and a number of the keyboard commands don't sync well with it.  

On 8/18/2020 at 4:38 PM, Andreas Stangenes said:

When i try to open the folder windowsapps it tells me access denied, even though I'm admin. 

Hi I would be very grateful if you try again to look for the xml file of the X52. The right place to look is this C: \ Users \ yourusername \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ SystemAppData \ wgs. here you will find a series of folders with input devices. In one of them is the xml file of the X52. I am truly grateful if you will. Thank you

I looked for an xml but I couldn't find anything.

I didn't see any xml's in C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.

I also did a search on 'X52' in all files ending in .xml on my drive, but nothing from flight simulator.

6 hours ago, MikeDelta said:

Did any of you having issues (I am one of them) installed FS2020 on drive other than OS drive?

No issues here, I told the initial "pre-download" 1GB file to install to my D drive last week.  Then Monday I told the "libraries" part of the install at first launch to use yet another folder on my D drive.  Last night I learned about the rolling cache and moved it to the D drive as well.  My C drive is a 500GB NVME with only 200GB free, D is a 2TB SSD with 800GB left after FS 2020 install and cache move.  I do put stuff on C still just not things that are expected to get very large like FS.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

23 hours ago, ssepp said:

This worked for me. It's still not ideal but you don't have to unplug the controller (after the first time).

• Start the game without the x52 attached
  • Attach the x52 while in the 'Welcome' menu (not in the 'Options' menu, that crashed my game)
  • A pop up appears that the x52 is detected, accept it.
  • This creates a (filled) profile for the x52 controls.
  • Click on 'preset manager' and make a duplicate of the profile and save it.

Now when you next start the game with the x52 attached the default x52 profile will be blank again, but you can switch to the profile you created by making a duplicate (use the arrows underneath 'x52 professional hotas' in the controls menu.)

I just created an account specifically to come back here and thank you for this - got me pointed in the right direction after a couple hours of frustration and seems to work!  I'm using non-Steam direct PC Premium version and I also had the same problem of starting up and going to the X52 setup, seeing a few settings for a half-second followed by a cleared gray screen.  Frustrating, and seems like an accessory that should have been added and fully-validated by MS/Adobo long ago.

Oh well, thanks to your insights I think I'll be ok.

My X52 Pro is not detected at all in FS2020, even after trying to plug it in only when on the welcome menu as advised here. I'm kinda clueless, because the OS does see the joystick.

17 minutes ago, Kabouik said:

My X52 Pro is not detected at all in FS2020, even after trying to plug it in only when on the welcome menu as advised here. I'm kinda clueless, because the OS does see the joystick.

I can't help you a whole lot, but the first things I'd do:

1) Can you see it in Devices and Printers in Control Panel?  If not, download / reinstall current driver package (mine is "X52_Professional_HOTAS_x64_8_0_150_0.exe") and check cables until it does.

2) If it's in Devices and Printers, right-click, then Game Controller Settings, followed by Properties.  That will allow you to confirm button presses and stick movements.

3) If all those work, I'm sort of stuck for you, but I'd power down and reboot, then follow ssepp's instructions again.  I've been fine with steps 1 and 2 for days but got nowhere in FS2020 until I found his posting and that fixed things immediately for me.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, jurgenmitch1947 said:

Anyone having issues with the 52 Pro throttle not working properly also even if I don't move the throttle  the cockpit throttle keeps juddering

Sounds like you need to go into the Windows calibration screen and adjust the deadzones for the throttle.  I have to do this for my non Pro X52 as well.  The sensor is not what it used to be (1st gen X52 from like 2003 or 2004 or whenever the X52 originally first came out).  Basically, the throttle is bottomed out physically, but calibration-wise it's not so the sim thinks it's moved forward slightly.  I'm assuming you mean it's juddering while at "idle" (or at full either way).  If it's in the middle of the range, no idea on that.  I really need to replace my X52 as it's on it's last legs at this point, had to take rubbing alcohol and removed the coating on the main stick the other night.  Hadn't used it in a couple years and it turned sticky for some reason.  Unfortunately everyone everywhere seems to be sold out of all X52, X52 Pro, and X56's and all the Yokes and stuff as well.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

8 hours ago, JimInPT said:

I can't help you a whole lot, but the first things I'd do:

1) Can you see it in Devices and Printers in Control Panel?  If not, download / reinstall current driver package (mine is "X52_Professional_HOTAS_x64_8_0_150_0.exe") and check cables until it does.

2) If it's in Devices and Printers, right-click, then Game Controller Settings, followed by Properties.  That will allow you to confirm button presses and stick movements.

3) If all those work, I'm sort of stuck for you, but I'd power down and reboot, then follow ssepp's instructions again.  I've been fine with steps 1 and 2 for days but got nowhere in FS2020 until I found his posting and that fixed things immediately for me.

Good luck!

Thanks for your answer JiminPT. Unfortunately, I can already see the device in Devices and Printers, and other sims like IL-2 CLOD Blitz and DCS World work fine with this joystick, so there must be something specific to MFS2020 anyhow.

However, I did try to open the properties to check this joystick testing window and see if axes and buttons were working correctly, but no window appeared when I did so (just the basic, generic, device properties and hardware info). I found it surprising too but since the joystick works in other sims, I didn't dare to reinstall the driver. I guess this is the next thing I will try tonight.

I posted a more comprehensive description of my issue here too.

Edited by Kabouik

Does anyone have the MFS 2020 profile they can send me?  I presume you can export / import them?  That way I would have thought my problems would be fixed?

Just to confirm is this the problem people are getting.  So it detects the controller but then doesn't recognise it has a profile built in for it?

Full message:

"

A new controller device has been detected, but we were unable to set it up with a control preset.  Go to "customize controls" and create a custom control layout.  For more information, please visit https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com

- X52 H.O.T.A.S

"