Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Keyboard keys not working

Same issue here. But, nothing to do with overlays? If so, could you explain to me a clear step by step of what you did? As my keyboard was working fine until tonight, when it FS doesn't respond whatsoever. Mouse is fine, keyboard is fine outside of FS. Would appreciate any help. Also, any idea on how to connect ps4 controller to FS? 

31 minutes ago, tormundgiantsban said:

Same issue here. But, nothing to do with overlays? If so, could you explain to me a clear step by step of what you did? As my keyboard was working fine until tonight, when it FS doesn't respond whatsoever. Mouse is fine, keyboard is fine outside of FS. Would appreciate any help. Also, any idea on how to connect ps4 controller to FS? 

I have only ever seen it be so external app running like an overlay or some app that's capturing the keyboard, make sure nothing else is running to test

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Nothing else is running in the background. I've just checked on task manager, which only has flight simulator. Unless there's another way you used to sort/find it out.

I had the same issue however I had recently installed a mod to improve the A320 and once I removed that from my community folder everything started working find with my keyboard... weird

Try left mouse click on the screen then hit Esc key , it can get stuck in none keyboard mode.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have same trouble, in game keyboard doesnt work, mouse is perfect, thrustmaster is perfect too, but keyboard nothing :( i dont know how can i solve this problem, i unninstal all aura, rog armory for keyboard, reinstal all game and nothing change. maybe try buy some cheap keyboard? thank you for helping

Same here Mouse and Thrustmaster working fine! All that works is Cntl Alt Del to close the sim via task manager :( Keyboard is Corsair K55

Tried left mouse click and Esc, still nothing. Unless there's a specific way to do it that I may be doing wrong. I haven't installed any mods either, so I'm perplexed. But I've requested a ticket on flight simulator zendesk for support and hopefully they can help.

I am using a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse AND a Saitek X52 Pro, which I have programmed to send the keystrokes for HDG change.  On random, multiple occasions, when holding the button(s) to send the keystrokes,  I have "lost" my keyboard.  The HDG bug keeps spinning round the HSI continuously.  None of the other keystrokes I have assigned to the joystick work either.  Unplugging the joystick doesn't help.  Joystick axis functions continued to work, and I could steer the aircraft.  The only way I found to get out of the sim was Alt-F4 (from the keyboard).

I have also, on much rarer occasions, lost the keyboard whilst I was not sending keystrokes from the joystick.

Edited by Hippo

Had this issue. Tried everything suggested on here and messed with all kinds of settings. Then realized all I had to do was turn on my 'Num Lock'...

I have had this issue for a while when I plug in my joystick some of the keys (i, a 6) on my laptop don't work. Sometimes they work as soon as I unplug the joystick and sometimes it takes quite a while after I unplug the joystick which is a Logitech Extreme 3D pro. I use a Bluetooth keyboard when this happens and it works fine. I would appreciate any ideas or help on this.

Edited by flemingl

15 minutes ago, jbskiviolin said:

What is wrong with my post.   Very simple and to the point.  NO opinions or politics.   Jb

?? Huh?  What are you referencing?  Very strange first post.

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So sorry,   I had a post which got "hung up" and never posted which had the details.   It just said it was under review.    The jist is this:   I have a "max" machine which was built with the highest recommended specs for msfs2020.   I didn't have my yoke or control quadrant available so I was trying it out with my keyboard.   Worked sketchy for a couple of days then all commands stopped.   When I restart it picks up right where it was but I have absolutely no control inputs. 

I have seen people talking about some overly with their graphics accelerator but I don't have that one.    My card is an nvidia 9800 w/8gigs onboard and 36 M ram and i have an i7 generation processor.   I finally gave up and contacted Microsoft and actually got a refund.   I will buy again after they have time to work out all the bugs and there is some online support available through MS or users.   Too frustrating.   I am an actual pilot and really looked forward to testing the response.  Thanks.