Sign in to follow this  
tripper721

Throttle Control for Saitek

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to control my throttle using the manual setup. It seems my options are either full throttle or no throttle. Either I"m looking in the wrong area or I'm not setting it up properly. Any suggestions on how to control your throttle power? 

Took my awhile but I figured it out as well.  I'm attempting to invert the axis for the throttle and it works fine in the configuration until I try it while flying it reverts back to the original setting (bring lever down for thrust).  Are you having that problem as well?

Edited by dufus01

7 hours ago, dufus01 said:

Took my awhile but I figured it out as well.  I'm attempting to invert the axis for the throttle and it works fine in the configuration until I try it while flying it reverts back to the original setting (bring lever down for thrust).  Are you having that problem as well?

I'm having this same issue. No matter what I do, the throttle axis reverts back to the default setting. Did you figure out how to fix this?

I don't see "throttle axis" as an option either.  I'm using "axis" to define my other flight controls.  Without an 'axis' option I don't think I'll be able to use the joystick for throttle.

In the image below I searched for "throttle", there is no axis result.

no%20axis.png

Change the filter from ESSENTIALS to ALL. That one bit me until I figured it out!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eddie
KABQ

I’m in the same boat RE throttle invert tick box not working. Have tried everything sim/computer related and the sim throttle is always reversed for my X-56... does anybody know if this is a known issue?

17 hours ago, PapaSol said:

I'm having this same issue. No matter what I do, the throttle axis reverts back to the default setting. Did you figure out how to fix this?

Just got home from work and tried something that I read on another forum, unplug the controller from your computer and start the sim.  Then after you are in the controls setup page hook controller back up.  It will ask you if you want to use the default. I used my own settings and went to fly and it works properly now.  I even restarted game with controller still plugged in and it still worked.  Hope this helps!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, haskell said:

Change the filter from ESSENTIALS to ALL. That one bit me until I figured it out!

This seems to be everyone’s issue. Took me 30 mins to figure out how to make my hat switch look around instead of snapping back and forth.

• Like 1

Like others my throttle on Saitek 52 is reversed. No matter what I do it doesn’t set correctly. 
I will try the suggestion on unplugging & starting the game then plugging in. 

On 8/19/2020 at 3:48 PM, dufus01 said:

Just got home from work and tried something that I read on another forum, unplug the controller from your computer and start the sim.  Then after you are in the controls setup page hook controller back up.  It will ask you if you want to use the default. I used my own settings and went to fly and it works properly now.  I even restarted game with controller still plugged in and it still worked.  Hope this helps!!

Finally got some time to see if this work around worked for me, unfortunately no joy. 

Squirrel has some nice and informative tutorials that covers all this kind of stuff.  Do a simple search for tutorial videos and save yourself a bunch of grief.  Only Asobo's kids were born with this level of detailed knowledge, everyone else must learn how it is done.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

13 hours ago, PapaSol said:

Finally got some time to see if this work around worked for me, unfortunately no joy. 

It worked for a few days and I went to fly a two engine plane configured it to control the second engine as well and it went back to being backwards again.  I give up!!

I have this same problem with a Saitek X52 throttle control being reversed and I have been unable to resolve it.  I tried the trick mentioned here A number of times of shutting down the sim, unplugging the controller, restarting the sim, and plugging in the controller while the sim was running in the controls section.  I was unable to get that to work.  In fact, on one occasion I even got a blue-screen crash from Windows 10 when I tried to plug in the controller.

i have filed a Zendesk report on this with Microsoft.  For the time being until this is resolved, I just have turned my throttle control around backwards.