Sign in to follow this  
kapitan

Auto-Control the difference between a Simulator and a Game

1 hour ago, kapitan said:

A simulator is a software or hardware that imitates as much as possible the real thing

A game is something that has one button to solve the puzzle or game

By MS adding the Auto-Control, plus auto-land and auto-takeoff for the sake of toddlers in Xbox...is for simmers, disapointing

Its not simple as "dont use the feature" if the auto-everything is there it takes out a lot deal of the immersion

I hope in future they will release a "Pro" version of the sim that could have no tips, no auto-flying with just one button and "easy flying" modes

Some of you (if I dont say this) will counter:
"But real planes have auto-land, etc"

How naive. Yes. But you know why when a pilot has the runway in sight or vfr he prefers to land it manually?
Because "auto-land" is not what it seems to the general public
Actually auto-land is VERY complicated, requiring a lot of previous work, settings and programming.
Same thing as FMC auto take off and route

So people have the wrong idea that auto-land is just pressing a button.
No, actually its easier to manually land the plane, provided you have the skills

By having a One button auto-complete mission, will back-fire in the intent to please young xbox kids into controlling a 747

IMHO

Really, This debate again..... I've been on Avsim since it started in 1996. I have seen this same dumb argument over and over for over 2 decades. Who cares what somebody calls it? It doesn't matter. Relax and enjoy it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kapitan said:

A simulator is a software or hardware that imitates as much as possible the real thing

A game is something that has one button to solve the puzzle or game

By MS adding the Auto-Control, plus auto-land and auto-takeoff for the sake of toddlers in Xbox...is for simmers, disapointing

Its not simple as "dont use the feature" if the auto-everything is there it takes out a lot deal of the immersion

I suppose X-Plane is not "immersive" enough for you then?

gpozhGV.png

12 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’m puzzled where you heard that given that all the major high fidelity aircraft addon developers other than FS Labs have said they are bringing their products for MSFS.

Jeehell forum - the developer himself checked the API. Stuff like icing conditions or take off profiles appear to be not compatibel.

Maybe that's also the reason for FS Labs (also being a very sophisticated product) ???

Flightsim as one poster put it rightly here, is not about winning or competing

Its about SIMULATING, and the dictionary definition should help "trying to replicate" Micosoft moto has always been "as real as it gets"

The top selling addon developper is PMDG, and they are known for their complexity and realism compared to others. No other developper has so many youtube fans flying its planes.

People want to "feel" they are doing it properly and as closely real as possible. It is true that with the wonderful graphics today we are starting to enjoy the view also.

But given the choice, simmers want to feel they can pilot a plane (generally speaking). Today many are fooled with "auto buttons" because they wrongly think they exist in real life. We know auto buttons are not such. They require previous actions, inputs and planning.

If a Pro version existed, the vast majority of regulars of this Forum would go for it, and those who dont would tend to hide their choice