Sign in to follow this  
Spamcanflyer

RXP 430 and FLT on FSX SE Win 7 Not Picking Up Gauge

16 hours ago, RXP said:

What about reviewing the "View" menu (IIRC) and see whether the popup Windows containing the GNS is properly listed and can be made visible?

I have read back through the topic and have a recommendation.  I ran into something like this when I installed FSX SE about 10 days ago after a system loss.  Has he uninstalled all of RXP and the Garmin Trainer then installed with the eCommerce installer instead of installing an update?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 hours ago, Spamcanflyer said:

As I said, the files are in Desktop\Libraries\Documents and not in My Documents.

They are both the same in Windows:

CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/usmt/usmt-recognized-environment-variables

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/windows/en-US/b4ae178e-65c4-49c3-a00a-4f6a2b2a281e/my-documents-vs-documents-folder

Yet and besides this, what about helping us helping you in answering this:

What about reviewing the "View" menu (IIRC) and see whether the popup Windows containing the GNS is properly listed and can be made visible?

@fppilot The issue you've had is only related to authentication. You've had to reinstall with the e-commerce installer to re-authenticate the license and unlock both GNS #2 AND the time limitation. In @Spamcanflyer case authentication is not a factor. His log files show the menu module is installed and working, and the gauge file is installed and working (because it is reporting it is being loaded!).

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Do you mean the Views menu on FSX SE?  If so, then I can see the Garmin 430 in the Views/Instrument Panel menu and when I select it the Garmin 430 loads in the top right of the FSX  SE screen where I wanted it.  When it cycles through its checks the VOR/ILS in the top right of the standard Cessna 172 panel reacts with a half deflection as it should so it appears that the GNS is working.

• Like 1

The immediate problem of changing the Cessna 172 heading indicator to a Bendix King HSI appears to have been solved.  I was using the Reality XP FLT User's Guide (and the FLT Service Manual) and I edited the Cessna 172 panel.cfg file (using notepad) for the Cessna 172 and, as per the manual, I changed Cessna!Heading_Indicator to rxpFLT!Gyro and could see no apparent difference when I ran FSX SE so I thought that nothing was happening with the FLT software even though the edited panel.cfg file was in the right place.  When I changed rxpFLT!Gyro to rxpFLT!KI525 in the panel.cfg file I saw a difference in that I got the HSI that I craved.  As there appears to be no mention in the Reality XP FLT User's Guide or the FLT Service Manual of what parameter should be used after rxpFLT! to select the Bendix King instruments I'm just hoping that I'm on the right track by using the titles under the images of the respective instruments in the Reality XP FLT User's Guide.  If this is wrong then please let me know.  Otherwise I'll just create a look-up list of possible alternative instruments and experiment.   Now off to explore to see if the Reality XP HSI works with the Reality XP Garmin 430 the same way it does in the real world.

Wow you made me have a "nostalgia" trip to dig the info and I did forget how good looking the ADF, RMI and VOR gauges are even by today's standards.

So back to FLT/N: I've just posted the list of all gauge names and the multi-model gauge model values to configure in the RXPFLT.ini and RXPFLN.ini files:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

10 minutes ago, Spamcanflyer said:

Where did you post it?

Here (just click on it):

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Thanks Bert!  When I clicked on that link earlier I got

"[23JUN20] RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 FltSim v2.4.20.2 Released!"

so it must have been updated since then.  

Edited by RXP