Sign in to follow this  
ludekbrno

Mapping reverse on Thrustmaster TCA Airbus edition?

Has someone the new joystick Thrustmaster TCA Airbus edition connected to MSFS? I Bought it and I expected, that with MSFS will be everything set correctly (native support with MSFS was presented) on default. Joystick has a mechanically divided throttle axis, which includes the mechanic switch for reverser in approximately lower 1/4 range of throttle path. So i expect, that if I move throttle below switch possition, reverser will be activate. But nothing happens, the whole range of throttle axis including the reverse part of this, works normaly only as thottle and it is not possible mapp this as revers. Some ideas about this? Thanks!

Edited by ludekbrno
  • Upvote 1

Did you set the Stick into the correct mode? The manual explains how. It turns the lower part of the throttle into another button.

In P3D you then had to look for the command assignement "Reduce Thrust (rapidly)" or something to that effect and assign it to that newly activated button.

I assume this is how it works in MSFS as well, but I haven't checked it myself.

• Like 2

I would love to know as well!

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

34 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Did you set the Stick into the correct mode? The manual explains how. It turns the lower part of the throttle into another button.

In P3D you then had to look for the command assignement "Reduce Thrust (rapidly)" or something to that effect and assign it to that newly activated button.

I assume this is how it works in MSFS as well, but I haven't checked it myself.

OK, thanks, I will check it.

Anyone?

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

So I tried this and even when i have the button 17 to reverse, it doesn't work. Anyone get this to work?

• Upvote 1

Same here - is there anyone who has that TCA Aiirbus and reversers work OK in MSFS?/

Thrustmaster claims it supposed to work 'natively' but neither Mode 1 nor Mode 2 allows to activete reverser in the sim.

It took me some time to make it work in P3D, but no luck in MSFS so far.

&

ugcx_banner.png

Nb: you have to be pushing the buttons at the same time as you insert the usb into the usb slot to enable it, but I personally didn't find using this method particularly consistent. 

Alternatively just map a spare button to it. (Instead of using 17 just use one of the spare spots - I think I used 16) Ie: Turn off the power/thrust,  and push the button to activate reverse thrust. 

I found the second method better than the first but holding out for the quadrant to be brutally honest.

Edited by AntillesFlyer
corrected airbus sidestick button

Brendon Isaac

Hey guys,

Did the OP figure this one out?

If you still can't get your TCA Sidestick to Reverse Throttle, try this → https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/jbof2v/thrustmaster_airbus_tca_sidestick_how_to_reverse/

I couldn't figure it out either. So Thrustmaster patiently explained to me, lol...

I have the fix for you if you still can't reverse.  Assuming your TCA Quad is calibrated correctly it's simple.  Go into the sim.  AT the welcome page go to Options.  On options go to controls.  Select the TCA Quadrant....

Over on the left side change the filter that says "ASSIGNED" and change that to " ALL".

in the search box type "reverse"

in "toggle reverse thrust" (or similar language) put in the first selection box button 12.

in the second selection box put in button 16.

Now, change the filter back to "assigned".  Go down the list and check and make sure that button 12 and 16 are not used by anything else.....they shouldn't be.

Save your changes.......you now have reverse thrust on your TCA at about 80%.

Also I found out why we can't start engines.......the engine master swiitches can not be assigned to the TCA "at this time".  MS and TM is working on it.......will fix that in a patch.......

I don't know how to post this so everyone can see it, but if you can post this info so they can have reverse as well.  I know it's a big problem.