Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

MSFS to generate $2.6B in hardware sales?

Considering the computing power needed, unless you already built a gaming rig not too long ago, I can see a lot of new PC and component sales.

I'm not sure how much will be spent on flight sim controllers, though. If newcomers are buying a lot of flight sim specific gear, it may be worthwhile to wait for them to start selling it off after the honeymoon period is over. Then again, that may not be the kind of gear that more dedicated simmers would want. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by PeterR
typo

On 8/23/2020 at 2:18 AM, Cognita said:

Yes, I am not sure it needs the capability of a 3090; I also have it running well on a 6700K and 1080, but only at high settings at at 2K. But once the new cards are out and we know a little more I will buy a new rig and maybe new controllers, really interested in the Honeycomb ones. So all in all that will add a few thousand dollars to the total -- my 0.00000115 percent of the 2.6 billion!

Far from being overkill, you could well find that if you develop an interest in VR, the 3090 just might not be enough.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

The shortage of certain hardware is also due to Covid, as many shippers have issues getting their products cleared by Customs, as they are running short staffed due to infections. This also applies to importers & the retail outlets, who have not got enough stock delivered on time. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I have the impression, that hardware prices have dropped a lot in the last couple of weeks. I bouthgt a Ryzen 3900X, 64 GB of RAM at their all time low last week. (but haven't checked since)

CPU:

rSOsbMc.pngRam: Cruicial  64GB, DDR4-3600, CL16-18-18-38

mW4J5Fr.png

Same goes for other components.

Edited by Wanderkroete

On 8/23/2020 at 2:01 AM, ahsmatt7 said:

It generated at least 3800 USD from my friends PC build last week.

I would say: $2.6B minus $3800 to go...