Sign in to follow this  
igorbischi

Unsolved stuttering: how many we are?

I tried EVERY possible tweak (fsx.cfg, textures, ecc) to solve stuttering problem, but nothing happened. Then I virtually dismount my pc di find out any possible problem (firewall, antivirus, other cpu related issues), but still stuttering, even with sliders all to the left.My spec:Intel Core 2 Duo E6400ABIT MB AB9SAPPHIRE X1900GT 256MB2X1GB DDR2 Corsair PC5400Hard Disk Hitachi 250GB S-ATA2How many we are?Post your spec, please.Igor

Igor Bischi

Stutters :(P4 3.05GHz1Gb RAMATI Radeon 9800PRO 256Mb

Stutters and microstutters and lack of the smoothness I have in FS9Asus A8V Deluxe with AMD 64 3200+Nvidia Palit 6600GT 256M DDR31 Gb 400 MHz RAM2 * 160 Gb Maxtor in raid 0Interesting to see that you with your more powerful system has the same problems

We have different systems but same problems. It is hard to understand why we have stuttering. Do y have stuttering whith demo 2? I don't. I had worse frame rate but no stuttering.Igor

Igor Bischi

Guest Vilk

gentlemen, i have no idea if this will help you or not. you've probably tried it anywayi found only one way to actually induce stutters on my machine--anti-aliasing on the card maxed out to something outrageous (like, 4x4 supersampling or 16x combined)at the more reasonable 4x multisampling smooth as a baby, regardless of location. even heavy weather only slows down the counter, but still no stutterwhich would mean that texture rendering is at least one sensitive area here. check these:- video memory on the card- agp speed- pci latency- agp aperture- texture size- texture rendering parameters (aa, af, resolution, various optimizations)bestvilk

I get really, really bad stuttering when I set my target frame rate to unlimited, when I set to 30, which is where I like to set it at, I get a completely smooth experience.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest ianrivaldosmith

I was just about to post about this topic!Ive found that lowering textures to 5M instead of 1 or 2M that my stutters completely dissapear!! Would re-sizing the 1m textures make any difference??Ian

>I get really, really bad stuttering when I set my target>frame rate to unlimited, when I set to 30, which is where I>like to set it at, I get a completely smooth experience.>Same here. Unlimited works best for some, and not for others. In the meantime, FSX is on a long A/P controlled flight, up over the mountains of northern Idaho, stutter free on my other CPU as I write this.L.Adamson

Guest pomak249

Not so much stutters as long pauses ?Worst once airborne in exterior view - will try the texture setting!

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Yes its exact same problem for me, It seems when the textures below the plane load and become sharper? long pauses and short judders....I can count and its every fourth second it occurs, the only way I eradicated it was truning to 5m textures!

Guest triangle

My experience with FSX has been excellent in terms of framerates and a few tweaks have lifted them up to insane levels at 1680 x 1050 (into the 60s and 70s when in VC).However, I decided to o'clock my Core2 Duo (because i'm greedy) and started experiencing stuttering when panning in the VC. I then set my framerate limit to 30 (from unlimited), increased my bufferpool and stutters disappeared. I suspect I was suffering from thermal throttling. Don't know if this helps but thought I'd mention it.T :-)

Guest Rob Hirst

Stutters here also (although after the tweeks it less than default). My FPS at around 24-30 depending on location. I also found that limiting the FPS at 30 rather than unlimited helps.RobP4 3.4ghz dual core1028mb DDR250gb SATA HDNvidea EN6200TC 256mb

On the contrary, on my system I have a little better FPS result with no limit frame rate setting.Stuttering: have you tried to change FSX priority/process affinity? I read some post in another thread, but I have'nt tested it yet.Igor

Igor Bischi